Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 12:49 PM

Sunny Tuesday

Well it is here in the south-west anyway ....... I'm hoping it's
spreading over the whole country for you all

I've actually seen a few people out in their shirt sleeves this morning - and one very brave soul wearing shorts! It's surprising what a glimpse of the sun can do to some people!

Not a lot going on here other than the day to day chores, the windows are open and also the back door ......Spring is in the air

Happy day to all!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 01:34 PM

Re: Sunny Tuesday

G'day all, . . yay it's spring !! . . but sheesh it's freezing, clear blue skies and a warm sun belie the fact it's below zero, . . I shall not sit out the back with the semit off today.

Semit - a Scots word for vest or T shirt.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 01:50 PM

It's lovely!
I've been to the allotment for a brief visit and will go back again this afternoon, again for a short time - don't want the sciatica to flare up again thank you!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 05:17 PM

Sunny days ,cold nights--the cruelest time for gardeners.

I got my first half allotment back in 1977,if I have learned one thing it is patience.

Sowing can wait a bit yet
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 05:25 PM

It's 16:25 and would you believe it's already -5. . . we're in for another cold one tonight.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
Semit - a Scots word for vest or T shirt.
Thanks Denis I was just about to ask - BTW what's the Scots expression for 'Here's the ten quid I owe you" (Only kidding!!)
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 05:47 PM

Alas, far from sunny here: cloudy, 4 degrees (40 F), with a rain/snow mix predicted for tonight/tomorrow. Off to the market to stock up this morning in case, just in case,,,, I am SO sick of Winter!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 05:53 PM

'Here's the ten quid I owe you"

I know a few words in French,German,Italian,Spanish,Slovene,Czec,Malayal am,---------

But that is unknown to me--
nero
Central Scotland

02-03-2010, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Thanks Denis I was just about to ask - BTW what's the Scots expression for 'Here's the ten quid I owe you" (Only kidding!!)
That expression is never ever used by a true Scotsman Harvey.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top