Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 04:49 PM

for wishbone (another mini train)

Northern Chief
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 05:47 PM

Re: for wishbone (another mini train)

thank you realspeed another beautiful loco, where I live we have plenty of narrow gauge railways but no minature ones so your videos are a treat to see.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 06:47 PM

What a smashing little train. Were they used as work horses or for pleasure?
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 06:55 PM

They are scaled down models of full sized trains Uff just for pleasure I think, I can't imagine those carrying a full industrial load, anyway the rail gauge is too narrow.
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 08:43 PM

I see, thank you wishbone. I can just see them being useful say in a factory many years ago before all this modern machinery that moves stuff about. Whatever, I think they are great. They are real boys toys.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2015, 09:48 PM

These train are actually proper commercial trains in daily use for commuters. They are not just the typical holiday only types one comes across. I was talking to one of the drivers and he was saying they can pull up to 40 ton loads which staggered me. The track and trains built in around 1920 but obviously had been well maintained and restored where necessary.

the notice explains this train hope you can read it

Come for just a part way for a ride pulled by this deisel loco. from one end of line to other takes around 1 hour +

wishbone
south wales

17-08-2015, 10:02 PM

Can't see your links, but can see the videos did you film them realspeed?

edit to say can see links now.
Uff
Scotland

17-08-2015, 10:09 PM

You live and learn don't you, I'd never heard of these little trains. That was interesting, gets a bat on doesn't it?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

17-08-2015, 10:43 PM

Yes I did do the filming poor though it is.

Camera is a PanasonicHC-X900M . The newer version is the HC-X9290M at around £700

Ok problem i have found which is just a mild irritant is

The 5 microphone stereo on to of the body picks up a lot of wind noise so I got one of these

a sennheiser MKE 400 mike which is directional (price varies but recon on about £150)

Ok great so far? no. with the muffler on it show up on the video so how to get over it? raise the mike higher and I found one of these

which did the trick.

OOP I wanted a continuous lighting setup so got one of these to fit on top of the camcorder

Shown on another of my cameras

Then with spare batteries for camcorder and lighting you must be looking at around £1000 mark

On the plus side it fits easily into a trouser/jacket pocket-a 32GB built in memory card-an SD card slot ( use any combo or both together)- and stills capabilities

Couple of tripod heads i have

wishbone
south wales

17-08-2015, 10:52 PM

some serious gear there Realspeed the end result is worth it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top