Join for free
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 09:18 AM

The last time

I have tried to help two members with their computer problems in the last couple of days and offered what I considered to be the very best advice based on more than twenty years of computer use.
One member didn't even reply to my very valid suggestion and the other one made excuses and left in the middle of my attempts to bring about a solution to her problem.
I don't think I'll be bothering again !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 09:41 AM

Re: The last time

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
the other one made excuses and left in the middle of my attempts to bring about a solution to her problem.
I don't think I'll be bothering again !
Malcolm - if you're referring to me I can assure you I didn't leave in the middle of your attempts to help me. We'd been through a lot and I'd followed your suggestions.

Then real life intruded and I had to go out.

I answered your question when I got back - but really Malcolm there's not much more you could do to help me as anyone will see if they follow my problem on the 'Windows 10 scam' thread.

I thank you for your attempt to help.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 09:53 AM

Carol I was trying to help you sort out your problem constantly from 1.52 until 4.52 ... 3 hours !! Real life was intervening with me all the time !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2015, 10:08 AM

Although I am sure help given by any member to another is appreciated I feel in should be given with a 'take it or leave it' attitude and good grace with no expectation of gratitude.

I don't think people should be pressured into accepting advice or badged into responding to advice givers either.

A polite thank you is most acceptable but that really is all that should be necessary.

ETA This thread will now be locked, if anyone wishes to speak to individual members please use the Visitors Messages do not start personal disagreements on the forums .
Thank you.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top