Join for free
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 02:04 AM

My Baby Got Jumped by a Ground Hog

Actually he had nothing to do with it. Our girl Sophie has a high prey drive. Any small critter she can get a hold of she kills. Callie is a gentleman. Squirrels, cats, rats, he doesn't even look at them really.

Today a ground hog wandered into our yard. I didn't see what happened but I imagine Sophie saw it and grabbed it. While it was fighting for its hoggy life it must have lashed out at Callie. Nasty claws on those things.

His eye, cheek, chin, snout, what a mess. It could have blinded him so he's lucky. But poor guy, I'm doing cool compresses and giving him some extra love tonight. Sophie is getting a double bath, yuuuuck.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 07:39 AM

Re: My Baby Got Jumped by a Ground Hog

Sorry, I'm confused. I thought you were talking about a baby. Who or what are Sophie and Callie?
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by opheila ->
Actually he had nothing to do with it. Our girl Sophie has a high prey drive. Any small critter she can get a hold of she kills. Callie is a gentleman. Squirrels, cats, rats, he doesn't even look at them really.

Today a ground hog wandered into our yard. I didn't see what happened but I imagine Sophie saw it and grabbed it. While it was fighting for its hoggy life it must have lashed out at Callie. Nasty claws on those things.

His eye, cheek, chin, snout, what a mess. It could have blinded him so he's lucky. But poor guy, I'm doing cool compresses and giving him some extra love tonight. Sophie is getting a double bath, yuuuuck.
I gather Sophie and Callie are your pet dogs ?
That must have been awful to witness, by the sound of things you are giving the right treatment.

Dare I say I hope the Ground Hog is ok too don't like to think of any animal hurt or in distress.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-08-2015, 08:17 PM

Me niether ,I hope the groundhog got away ,I hate to hear of anything being hurt.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top