Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:15 AM

Smelly sink

I usually use Bicarbonate soda and white vinegar to make my sink smell fresh but do any of you use anything that maybe better?☺
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:22 AM

Re: Smelly sink

Yes. A couple of drops of Zoflora 3 in 1 concentrated disinfectant works wonders and lasts
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:32 AM

It pays to get under the sink and remove the U or S bend now and then. It's amazing how much pong comes from there and no matter what you use to pour down the sink, if there is "stuff" in the pipe, the pong will return.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:38 AM

Im always cleaning out the u bend thingys under the sink , also use soda crystals too.

My problem is , although sink holes are clean , my drains are clean ( had them checked) when I start my washing machine , I get a horrid smell , not when machine is emptying but when it is started . It's driving me mad , anyone know why please
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:43 AM

maybe yer washing machine filter full of gunge,or a smelly sock lol
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:43 AM

A previous washing machine we had didn't dissolve the powder properly when my husband took the plumbing apart to find the smell it was months of washing powder clogging the pipes from the washer to the drain, with the addition of conditioner it had gone fatty and black and stunk. Might be worth looking at that. Or it could be water not draining completely from your machine and going stagnant.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Im always cleaning out the u bend thingys under the sink , also use soda crystals too.

My problem is , although sink holes are clean , my drains are clean ( had them checked) when I start my washing machine , I get a horrid smell , not when machine is emptying but when it is started . It's driving me mad , anyone know why please
Had that machine pong problem, put a non return valve in the waste and two "U Bends" and the pong remained . Ended up buying a new machine , that cured it.

Wife turned the Tumble Dryer on when the cat was asleep in it, that ponged
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 11:46 AM

Susan you could try running a very hot wash with an empty machine this may clear the smells ☺
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 12:25 PM

The washing machine is less than 6 months old. The old one did it too . Could it be the inlet pipe , as I say it happens only on start up . Suppose I could call out a plumber but thinking of cost .

Just cleaned out u bend thingys again all clean in there .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2015, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Susan you could try running a very hot wash with an empty machine this may clear the smells ☺
Yes - with vinegar

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top