Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 06:51 PM

We plough the fields and scatter

The good seed on the land.

Yeah, . . I notice the farmers up here have got the ploughing started, . . I'm surprised because of the sub-zero temps we still have.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 11:52 PM

Re: We plough the fields and scatter

They've started ploughing and 'muck spreading' where I am Nero.

Listening to radio today and on the news they said farming could become a thing of the past unless more 'younger' people become interested. Apprently the average age of farmers is 59!

A new local farm shop has opened recently near to me-I have started to call in for fresh veg. etc on my way back from walking....the fruit and veg. are very good and very reasonable too......
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 02:53 AM

City raised, I'd think it's much much too early to be plowing, and isn't the ground all mucky now?

I can hardly wait for Summer and our Farmers market here ... fresh organic local produce!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 09:28 AM

Where I live, the farmers still can't see their fields for snow! Although maybe today's sunshine will help melt it!

Loved that hymn, Denis!! Brings back memories!!
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 02:48 PM

After the worst winter in living memory do you think we'll get a good summer and decent crops ?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by nero ->
After the worst winter in living memory do you think we'll get a good summer and decent crops ?
Of course we will Nero, think positive and have faith!
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 04:05 PM

We plough the fields and scatter

Cow poo upon the road

But if you want to buy it

It costs a hundred pounds.

The local farmer drives by my house to dump tons of it-but he wants a fortune to drop some for my garden
nero
Central Scotland

01-03-2010, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Of course we will Nero, think positive and have faith!
I get potatoes from our local farm and last years crop were awful, . . we had too much rain and it was the coldest summer I can remember.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 05:57 PM

[QUOTE=Old git;45446]We plough the fields and scatter

Cow poo upon the road

But if you want to buy it

It costs a hundred pounds.

The local farmer drives by my house to dump tons of it-but he

LOL, back in the Dark Ages when I was little we still had a few horse-drawn deliveries,the egg man and the ice man...my Mom used to dash to the alley whenever the horse left a deposit and scoop it up in a special dustpan she kept for that purpose to use the manure around her roses.

She had lovely roses!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 08:46 PM

This is Milly (on the left) and Harry(on the right)

according to my daughters boyfriend they are the quickest way to turn money into poo but then we get a lovely by product from all that Poo
These

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top