Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Has anyone else gone back to school?

Because I`m a Carer, I do classes in order to get `painting time`. It means I get an uninterrupted period a few times a week when I can just concentrate on my Art. I do 2 painting and one Life classes.
In the classes, most people are over 60, and many are learning a new skill.
Does anyone else go to classes?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Re: Has anyone else gone back to school?

I don't but would love to. Maybe learn to play the piano, or do a cookery class
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
It means I get an uninterrupted period a few times a week when I can just concentrate on my Art. I do 2 painting and one Life classes.
Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between 'painting' and 'life' classes ????
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 06:33 PM

You're never too old to learn something new, . . I went to night school 20 years ago to learn computer construction, . . I'm now considering taking another course in automotive panel beating.
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between 'painting' and 'life' classes ????
Life is drawing and painting nekkid people. The model that is - not the students.
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 07:12 PM

I married at quite a young age, so although I achieved three A levels, I didn't go to University, just did a Secretarial Course.

However, many, many years later, I did a 3-year BA Degree Course at Manchester University. I really enjoyed it, even though 95% of the other students were the same age as my son!

As you can imagine, a BA in English is a must for all dog walkers!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-02-2010, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Life is drawing and painting nekkid people. The model that is - not the students.
Oh thanks Claire, was it you who posted some of your 'life' paintings a while ago and they were auto deleted by some not so clever algorithm in some server somewhere in cyberspace. But I got a look in before they went walkabout and very good they were too IMO.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 02:25 PM

I `went back` in my 40`s.

At school I was the idiot who could not learn languages-well get this.

I got a GCSE A star for Italian.

That means more to me than my PhD

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top