Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 03:01 PM

Strange old life innit?

Rum old thing life isn't it? I mean you don't have many years as a child then you become a teenager and thats not for long either is it? Then i suppose you end up getting married wasting many valuable years of your life when you could have been free and meeting many of the opposite sex (only joking☺) Then time seems to fly past and before you know it your old and maybe for some of us the only companion you have is constant pain. But time certainly goes so much faster as you age. But as old blue eyes use to sing "That's Life"
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 03:26 PM

Re: Strange old life innit?

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Rum old thing life isn't it? I mean you don't have many years as a child then you become a teenager and thats not for long either is it? Then i suppose you end up getting married wasting many valuable years of your life when you could have been free and meeting many of the opposite sex (only joking☺) Then time seems to fly past and before you know it your old and maybe for some of us the only companion you have is constant pain. But time certainly goes so much faster as you age. But as old blue eyes use to sing "That's Life"

You've quoted my song there Doc
Tis true time flies by as you get older, remember as a kid it always dragged when there was an event to look forward to, now it flies by, event or not
Shame - but there it is, lets be happy though - shame to waste the years ahead .......
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 03:56 PM

Time DOES speed up the older you get Doc probably because we have more things we want to cram into our 24 hours each day ,Ive often thought youth is wasted on the young,if we could go back then knowing what we know now lol..
There'd be chaos !!!! lol
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 04:07 PM

Hmmmmm ... I would just like to say that 'time is relative'

thank you
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Hmmmmm ... I would just like to say that 'time is relative'

thank you
It is!!
It's really dragging for me at present as I'm getting over surgery and can't/not allowed to do anything.
It's hard not to feel sorry for yourself at times, I guess the secret is to keep occupied.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 05:46 PM

I often wonder what it's all about !!!!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I often wonder what it's all about !!!!
Alfie knows the answer
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 06:37 PM

Good one Patsy😀
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 06:49 PM

Where does time go?. I can remember the last cricket club I played for and two colts had just passed their GCSEs. Their house master also played for the club,I remember saying something like `well done lads,enjoy today but the next two years to A level will pass like the flash of a spark. Dave,their house master just said `listen to someone who knows`. They will be in their 30s now.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2015, 07:18 PM

"Time is an illusion . . . . Lunchtime doubly so" [Ford Prefect]

What is life but a passing moment in which, with one great inhale of breath and gathering of strength we muster the forces of nature and her materials and fashion from them a form which we cling to for as long as our breath and strength permit, before finally relaxing, letting go, and giving that form up to re-join the great chaos of life's building blocks, there to rejuvenate, gird up our strength once more, and do it all over again !

Would that our minds could remember each iteration ! At least our building blocks remember for us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top