Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 07:23 AM

Fitflops

I saw in a lot of the newspapers over the weekend, a picture of David Cameron sitting with his wife, wearing flitflops, and drinking a glass of beer. The comment was that he wouldn't lose weight if he drank beer with them.

I know I am getting old, and possible losing the odd marble or two, but can anyone explain to me how wearing fitflops loses weight from your waist. Are you supposed to eat them instead of lunch, or what?

Arthur
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 07:28 AM

Re: Fitflops

https://uk.lifestyle.yahoo.com/fitfl...150700223.html

This is the Yahoo explanation. Basically a waste of money IMO, but perhaps comfy - but then so are £4 flipflops.
Deb W
Hereford
Deb W is female  Deb W has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 08:46 AM

They're incredibly comfortable, I have about six pairs - some basic and one or two a bit more showy. All the toe-post types, though, none of the deck-shoe or boot styles.

Prices range from about £20 for a basic style, up to omg-who-would-pay-that-much. Trimsoles are very similar, and a bit cheaper.

Don't know about the cellulite/weight loss claims, but they give great support under the sole of the foot.

And my sister-in-law, who'se a chiropodist, recommends them to her clients.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 08:59 AM

Is this working on the same principle as Scholl sandals where by squeezing the toes to keep them on the feet the foot muscles are exercised
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 10:18 AM

I found the only result from them was extremely achy calf muscles and it seemed to start my plantar fascia problems which have meant even now 8 years later I can really only wear trainers. So personally I would say avoid.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Is this working on the same principle as Scholl sandals where by squeezing the toes to keep them on the feet the foot muscles are exercised
Couldn't wear those because they gave me cramp and the leather was too stiff ! ouch

Never tried any Fitflots .. can't wear those toe-post things either more ouch
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Couldn't wear those because they gave me cramp and the leather was too stiff ! ouch

Never tried any Fitflots .. can't wear those toe-post things either more ouch
Rachel they do make your legs ache to begin with, I think that shows they are working as intended

I don't like Flopabouts either or the things with toe separators..
..but I do wear mules which I can slip in and out of with ease dozens of times each day to put on dogwalkers or gardening shoes

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Rachel they do make your legs ache to begin with, I think that shows they are working as intended

I don't like Flopabouts either or the things with toe separators..
..but I do wear mules which I can slip in and out of with ease dozens of times each day to put on dogwalkers or gardening shoes

Aha ... yep ... me too
I nearly always wear mules ... backs in shoes don't do it for me. Never been comfortable
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 12:15 PM

Are flitflops the same thing as flipflops??
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2015, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Are flitflops the same thing as flipflops??

You took the words out of my mouth Aysa

I can't wear them now, because I've got flat feet so need better support for walking. I do wear crocs about the house sometimes though. In fact, got 'em on now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top