Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:42 PM

On manners,saying hello

I do not drive so sometimes I sit on my front garden wall waiting for a friend or a taxi. Sometimes it is at school time. Should an adult go by I say hello,maybe even fuss the dog for a few seconds-but two school girls?. I find something to distract me as I do not wish to appear a dirty old man.

It`s sad.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:46 PM

Re: On manners,saying hello

I agree, it is sad, but the way of the world nowadays. Unfortunetely.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:53 PM

It is sad ,but every parent has drilled it into their children not to talk to strangers , or even locals,,,its called staying safe ..
I remember when my daughter was growing up and an old man who lived three doors down liked talking to children ,I asked his neighbour if he was all right ,he did use to come out with odd sayings ,Like shouting over the gardens are you coming out to play and are you going a walk up the woods ..He quite worried me even though i was told he was safe .
just a lonely old man ..
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:57 PM

Shame you can't be sociable for fear of being thought a pervert, however, two young girls? maybe not..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 02:59 PM

That is so sad, I remember an old man used to sit outside his house in an armchair no matter the weather when we walked to school, always said a cheery hello and if we had time would have a chat, often had a bowl of sweets or plate of biscuits his wife had made to offer around. Sad to think these days he could be suspect or we would have to ignore him

We really haven't made a nice society have we .....
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:08 PM

Country people say hello as the pass, city/town folk look at the ground.
Say hello to young girls, alas the world has change for the worse.
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:16 PM

Aye, it's a sad world. That's why I never open the door to kids on Halloween or for children carol singing at Christmas.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:26 PM

Looking at a documentary about Rose and Fred West recently, Fred the monster had his own method of procuring victims, he took Rose with him when we went out to select innocent women, same thing with Ian Brady, so it’s not just the chatty old men you have to be wary of, sad how things have gone.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:27 PM

I have heard this before men ,who genuinely like children, afraid to speak to them in case he is suspected of having evil intents. It is a terrible shame
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-08-2015, 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I have heard this before men ,who genuinely like children, afraid to speak to them in case he is suspected of having evil intents. It is a terrible shame
Even worse is you dare not show a camera let alone use it. Great shame as kids can be very photogenic at times and produce great shots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top