Join for free
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 10:28 PM

crystals in my ears???

for a couple of months ive had vertigo. and yesterday i was at the hospital to see the ENT man. ive had a hearing test and that was fine, only very low sounds i have probs with. ive got tinnitus (had it for yrs just though everyone had noises in their head )
and the doc wants me to have a brain scan. did mention the MRi scan but when i said he would have to sedate me. he said i can have a ct scan instead. he thinks the crystals in my ear stay in 1 place when i move my head. then all of a sudden they rush around, and knock my head sideways. he says if its that (got a long name for what it is) its curable,
then today i was at the dental hospital ive got 1 more visit and then ill have my new teeth. saw the wax mock ups. and put them in my mouth. and must say it was a real shock to see a different me looking back.cant wait now.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 09:38 AM

Re: crystals in my ears???

Best wishes for all of this Cathy
Is the ENT man saying you've got Labarynthitis? (?sp) Whatever it is I hope he can sort it.
and sparkly new gnashers? mmm mmm
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 01:00 PM

I know what you mean about those mri scan machines Cathy, I wouldn't be able to go in one either. An Oxford hospital is one of the few places that do an open one apparently. Good luck with the CT scan and the new teeth.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-02-2010, 01:29 PM

Good luck with the scan Cathy, I hope something can be done to help you.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 11:19 PM

ive got a blood test 2morow at the hospital. ill be taking a book with me as the waiting is forever i remember.
then next week i have a hearing balance test. then 2 days later i have a ct scan. so hopefully ill be told what they are going to do.
i find the dizziness is worse when im tired, or cold.
and charlie has his MRI scan at the weekend. he had a brain hemorrhage almost 3 yrs now.and they want to see if theres any probs there.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 11:23 PM

You're in for a busy time Cathy, but hope all goes well for you both
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-03-2010, 11:48 PM

Hope all goes well for both you and Charlie, Cathy...
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 03:16 AM

Best to you and Charlie, Cathy!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-03-2010, 02:17 PM

Hope all goes well C,C!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top