Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 03:30 PM

Clean cutlery

I was in Morrisons café yesterday lunchtime, and the queue was notoriously slow moving.
The lady in front of me reached out and got a mug full of plain hot water and put it on her tray. I jokingly remarked to her that it would be stone cold before she got to the table at the speed we were being served.
She said: "Oh, it wasn't for me to drink, it was to wash my cutlery in."
She went on to explain that she thought the kitchen staff might not have washed their hands before they unload the dishwasher, and they might have been to the toilet, so she always re-washes her cutlery.

Is that a bit too obsessive, or is it just me?
I do make sure cups are clean, and cutlery appears clean, but to worry about who unloads the dishwasher seemed just a bit weird to me.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 03:40 PM

Re: Clean cutlery

Theres nowt as queer as folk. 😀
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 03:41 PM

I dont find that obsessive ,in fact i think its a good idea ..There's times when my cutlery has felt like its been washed in dirty water and every piece felt the same ,each time I go to this resturant /cafe I vow not to eat there again .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 03:46 PM

As a professional cleaner I would recommend everyone does that, when I work I wear different gloves for the kitchen than the loos but I have seen some not bother to change or even wear gloves at all.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 04:03 PM

Last week in a local Weatherspoons i saw one of the Kitchen staff come out with blue rubber cleaning gloves, wiping tables down and taking away dirty plates and dishes.. The next minute she came out of the back with the same blue rubber cleaning gloves carrying food and serving it to customers... I couldn't believe it!! I couldn't wait to get home to go on Trip Advisor..
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
As a professional cleaner I would recommend everyone does that, when I work I wear different gloves for the kitchen than the loos but I have seen some not bother to change or even wear gloves at all.
I have a friend who worked in the catering service and does something similar. I take a more relaxed attitude and I`m still here.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 04:30 PM

I must admit i always wipe my cutlery with a napkin whether or not that does any good im not sure but it makes me feel better.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 05:48 PM

I always try to clean my cutlery with my napkin too and if it looks dirty still then I usually go and change it for some that do look clean. I do think the lady getting hot water for cleaning her cutlery has got the right idea though lol
Marion
Norfolk
Marion is female  Marion has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 05:51 PM

I am another one that wipes my cutlery on a napkin, don't know if it works or not, but at least it gets the water marks off it.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 05:52 PM

I always wipe my cutlery when we eat out - just don't trust the staff at all! The times I've been in the loo drying my hands and the staff walk out without washing theirs are too numerous to count, dirty pigs!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top