Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 07:47 PM

Exorcisms.

Exorcism has been mentioned on one of the recent threads and as I’ve said in another thread, I always keep an open mind on such matters and never dismiss them out of hand. I don’t know what the current rate is for doing an exorcism but I do know it’s not buckshee, some of these events take weeks even months and there are no guarantees of success, also it’s not every priest who can perform this work, he’s gotta be a tough one, and they have to present all the data and get special permission from the archbishop.
However I know a lady in county Kerry who had it done about ten years ago, she’s a landlady and the wife and me often stayed with her on holidays there, her house had been built on a site where an old cottage used to be, the cottage had been burned to the ground by the sheriff and his bailiffs during the land troubles in the 1800’s and the family refused to leave it, the mother and two children were dragged out but the father chained himself to the fireplace and was burned to death. The lady I know is from Scotland and doesn’t believe in any religion, she’s a lovely woman and very strong willed, she said the screams of a man in agony went right through the house about twice a month, always in the small hours of a Monday morning, she couldn’t stand it any longer and her livelihood was at stake potential guests were put off as word gets around very fast in the country, so she went to the local priest who she knew personally, he could not perform exorcism himself but put her in touch with another priest from Cuba who was over here for a conference, to make a fat story thin, he did a great job and the screams were heard no more. I hadn’t the cheek to ask her how much the whole thing cost her.
Incidentally we never heard a sound when we stayed there and we slept like babies, that was after the exorcism of course.
Anyone else know of anyone who had this done in their house, I’m just curious.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 10:20 PM

Re: Exorcisms.

Is there anybody there?
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 11:54 PM

I have known people who do 'house clearance' of souls who are earthbound, Jem, but have never got involved myself. I have been told burning White Sage also helps cleanse an area.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I have known people who do 'house clearance' of souls who are earthbound, Jem, but have never got involved myself. I have been told burning White Sage also helps cleanse an area.
It’s a strange thing with buildings and spirits Mups, I have never seen a ghost or spirit, nor heard them either but I have experienced strange feelings in some old and not so old buildings. When my daughter bought her house in a part of Dublin that was built in the 1950’s she took the wife and me on the ‘scenic route’ up to her house, as we got half way up her road we passed a row of six houses and when I came to the second last house my whole body shuddered (it was a summers day) I took note of the house number and later told the daughter what I felt as I passed by. A few months later when she had settled in, she told me that a middle aged widow had been raped and murdered in that very same house we passed, that was back in 1961 and nobody has ever been caught for the murder since. I wasn’t the better of hearing that for a while I can tell you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by dukeofearl ->
Is there anybody there?
Mike I don't think so, if there are they never speak to me
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
It’s a strange thing with buildings and spirits Mups, I have never seen a ghost or spirit, nor heard them either but I have experienced strange feelings in some old and not so old buildings. When my daughter bought her house in a part of Dublin that was built in the 1950’s she took the wife and me on the ‘scenic route’ up to her house, as we got half way up her road we passed a row of six houses and when I came to the second last house my whole body shuddered (it was a summers day) I took note of the house number and later told the daughter what I felt as I passed by. A few months later when she had settled in, she told me that a middle aged widow had been raped and murdered in that very same house we passed, that was back in 1961 and nobody has ever been caught for the murder since. I wasn’t the better of hearing that for a while I can tell you.
There is a theory - which I believe, that buildings hold memories
Like when you go into a building and get a shiver from the 'feel' of the place - I have never believed ghosts walk the corridor of buildings - they have better things to do
It is like a tape being replayed - here's the link ..........

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Tape
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 01:05 PM

The Ampitheatre in Pula.

My wife and I were touring the former country of Jugoslavia in 2000, and arrived at the town of Pula. This was one place I particularly wanted to visit because of the Roman arena which is mostly still standing. We arrived about 6pm, and everything was closed.

We wandered around the edge of the still-standing walls, and quickly found a way through inside; there was no security at all. We walked to the centre of the arena, and just stood there for a few minutes. It was at the end of a hot day, and we were alone. No traffic sounds, nobody speaking, just a peaceful quietness.

Beneath my feet was sand that had probably been there since the Romans. Here was the place where thousands of people and animals had died for the pleasure of the crowds. I turned around slowly, absorbing the atmosphere of the place. The presence of the spectators is somehow locked in time. I could easily visualise the colours, the blaring of trumpets, the cheering of the crowds, and the sense of death. A feeling of hatred overcame me, hatred towards those people who came for the carnage of those unfortunates who were compelled to suffer.

These strong emotions were there, forever locked in the sands. It is not the feeling of triumphant gladiators looking for rewards, it was of the hapless people who were slaughtered, and the innocence of animals.

In such a place, the presence of death is undeniable. You don't need to be a psychic medium to feel the sadness of these countless souls, nor do you need to believe in the afterlife.

I wrote these notes shortly after our visit to Pula, and can still feel the strange emotions that we experienced. Without doubt, the past does not always fade away.
dukeofearl
south coast uk
dukeofearl is male  dukeofearl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-07-2015, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mike I don't think so, if there are they never speak to me
Nor me Meg, except in my dreams.

Three nights back my wife sang "The Lord is my shepherd " from start to finish in her sleep. First time I have ever head her sing since the day I met her, so recon something must have put the fear of God into her at 1.30am

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top