Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 08:46 AM

inoculations prior to entering uk

Am I right in believing that a new Asian virus /disease has come into Britain? Or did I dream it . On the news this week I thought I heard this , yet things have gone quiet .

I've been concerned for a while about immigrants coming into England without having had inoculations for diseases, and often said they are bringing in health problems . We have inoculations when going into different countries , so why are people allowed here without .
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 09:08 AM

Re: inoculations prior to entering uk

I agree with you. We always have to have this that and the other
so should others coming here.
All those migrants escaping through the tunnel the other night (over 200)
coming from Countries like Africa with all those disease should
be vetted as well as getting some food from us.
The MERS virus you are talking about is a chest infection
one. It was taken into a hospital in Manchester by someone
but they seem to have calmed down with the info about it
so must have got it under control. I think a lot of these kind
of virus go mad where poverty and unhygienic conditions
exist and I suppose we are lucky here in the UK as we don't
really have a lot of those conditions.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 09:53 AM

I think TB is probably the biggest problem, we practically iradicated it but, it's come back, mostly Eastern Europeans I understand but, I could be wrong.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 09:56 AM

Oh God - something else to worry about - what a mess this is - who'd have thought it
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Am I right in believing that a new Asian virus /disease has come into Britain? Or did I dream it . On the news this week I thought I heard this , yet things have gone quiet .

I've been concerned for a while about immigrants coming into England without having had inoculations for diseases, and often said they are bringing in health problems . We have inoculations when going into different countries , so why are people allowed here without .
The two people who were thought to have the MERS virus tested negative, so it is not in Britain.

I agree that TB is the biggest worry. It is prevalent in many countries and is increasingly difficult to treat because there are drug resistant strains evolving.

As for innoculations prior to entering Britain, I think we are pretty much in line with the rest of the Western world on that.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh God - something else to worry about
Patsy this made me smile I may have to revise my comment that I put on another post called "Worry"

After the 200 migrants trying to get across to Britain the other day, the news this morning was 150 tried to storm through last night, with one fatality.

It is getting very worrying as to where it is going to stop.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
Patsy this made me smile I may have to revise my comment that I put on another post called "Worry"

After the 200 migrants trying to get across to Britain the other day, the news this morning was 150 tried to storm through last night, with one fatality.
It is getting very worrying as to where it is going to stop.
I know - I live in Kent so all this business is constant on our news
It is thoroughly depressing, like I said on the other thread I was never a worrier, but the past year that has changed
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 12:57 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->

I never even thought about this problem before, its a worry for sure but one I cant see being solved.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2015, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
I agree with you. We always have to have this that and the other
so should others coming here.
All those migrants escaping through the tunnel the other night (over 200)
coming from Countries like Africa with all those disease should
be vetted as well as getting some food from us.
The MERS virus you are talking about is a chest infection
one. It was taken into a hospital in Manchester by someone
but they seem to have calmed down with the info about it
so must have got it under control. I think a lot of these kind
of virus go mad where poverty and unhygienic conditions
exist and I suppose we are lucky here in the UK as we don't
really have a lot of those conditions.
Pfffffttt! Add a 0 to that number! It was 2000 trying to storm the tunnel.

Mind you, I wouldn't like to be the person standing there counting them!
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2015, 08:45 AM

Have to agree it is very worrying, especially when the outbreak of Ebola was at it's height in several African countries. All it would have taken was one or two illegal immigrants to sneak in with the disease and who knows what disaster awaited us.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top