Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 03:10 PM

Dogs and People Food

Sometimes I think there doesn't exist a "people" food that my little dog won't eat. Everything from lettuce to marshmallows to red wine (well, just a taste) goes down a treat with her. She even likes oranges and has been known to lick a lemon!

Are there any people foods your dog refuses to eat?

(Can I just add before anyone jumps on my case, that she normally eats a healthy dog food diet )
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 03:20 PM

Re: Dogs and People Food

The lads are picky and so is Mea but Smeagsey will eat anything, . . she's a pig, . . she refuses nothing, even something she's never tasted before goes down the hatch with relish. . . She's so funny taking it too, she looks then nods her head quickly then takes it down, she pauses briefly then gives a nod of approval and waits for more.

The rest of them like the usual tit-bits off the table.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 03:24 PM

Rocky eats almost anything!

He doesn't like raw onion or lemons tho. Last night he was sharing my pineapple
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 05:40 PM

I`m a cat person-you would never see me feeding a dog any type of `treat`

I tell fibs as well.

As long as any pet gets a proper diet,love and exercise in the case of dogs a bit of what they fancy never hurts
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Miranda53 ->
Sometimes I think there doesn't exist a "people" food that my little dog won't eat. Everything from lettuce to marshmallows to red wine (well, just a taste) goes down a treat with her. She even likes oranges and has been known to lick a lemon!

Are there any people foods your dog refuses to eat?

(Can I just add before anyone jumps on my case, that she normally eats a healthy dog food diet )
Our dogs won't eat oranges Don't forget the ten things which are poisonous to dogs, chocolate being the main one but you already knew that didn't you
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 10:03 PM

Hatti, being a labrador, would eat anything given to her without even thinking about it.........shame she doesn't get the chance though!!!!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 11:28 PM

Like OG I'm a cat person: and they can be very, very picky! Leia wouldn't touch "people food"for years; has now decided that ham, chicken and prawns are edible. Not cheese or fish, though.

A friend's malemute adored cucumbers, would steal them from the garden,
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 10:32 AM

Daisy would like to eat the postman but isn`t allowed to.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Our dogs won't eat oranges Don't forget the ten things which are poisonous to dogs, chocolate being the main one but you already knew that didn't you
I certainly do! She once managed to snaffle half a grape before I could get it away from her . She also got through part of a large Toblerone chunk, but at least it was white chocolate (which isn't really chocolate anyway).
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-02-2010, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by claireandaisy ->
Daisy would like to eat the postman but isn`t allowed to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top