Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:03 PM

Days Gone By

Did you ever when you were small remember searching for a four-leaf clover or with your friends playing and holding a buttercup flower under their chins and asking "margarine or butter?"lol or gathering conkers for playing with.
I dont believe I ever did find a four-leaf clover despite searching for hours....rare as hens-teeth lol
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:08 PM

Re: Days Gone By

and making Daisy chains....
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:11 PM

\Yes did all that which I think we did in the UK. Daisy chains was
one I was going to say. We also had conker competitions between
our gang. My Brother used to take us looking for them and he
used to slightly roast them to make them hard but not too
hot otherwise the skin cracked. Then he used to put the
string through them and tie a knot to stop the rope coming through.
Those were the days. Lovely innocent times. Cost nowt either
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:36 PM

It was strange but my Mum and Dad said one day on holiday, go find a four leaf clover and i found one straight away! They couldnt believe it and i still have it to this day in a small plastic folder...
In the Junior school break and lunch times we would sit out in the school playground field and talk and make daisy chains and pick purple flowers from clover and eat them as they had a sweet sugary taste.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
It was strange but my Mum and Dad said one day on holiday, go find a four leaf clover and i found one straight away! They couldnt believe it and i still have it to this day in a small plastic folder...
In the Junior school break and lunch times we would sit out in the school playground field and talk and make daisy chains and pick purple flowers from clover and eat them as they had a sweet sugary taste.
Has it bought you luck as they are supposed to do.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
and making Daisy chains....
I forgot about the daisy chains Eliza necklaces bracelets and rings and hair rings all made from daisys lol
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 08:44 PM

My Mum wouldn't pass a clover patch without stopping to look for a 4 leaf. We used to find quite a few, and sometimes Dad used to set them in between small pieces of Perspex, like keyfobs, for us.

We also did the daisy chains, buttercups and conkers.
We used to squeeze snapdragons to make them look like tiny rabbits mouths opening and closing, and squeeze Convulvus flowers to make "Granny pop out of Beds."

We used to play hopscotch, and toss the little metal 'Jacks' onto the backs of our hands. If we felt really naughty, we play 'Knock down Ginger', where we'd knock at people's doors and run away!

As you say - happy, innocent days.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

26-07-2015, 09:05 PM

I feel quite sad that todays youngsters may be missing out on these simple pleasures..all free and fun to do in the company of friends.
Maybe children in the countryside still do these things? who knows!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I feel quite sad that todays youngsters may be missing out on these simple pleasures..all free and fun to do in the company of friends.
Maybe children in the countryside still do these things? who knows!

I agree with you entirely, Aysa.
Many are too into technology now, and some of these websites are not good for them.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 09:17 PM

.........and marbles. A steely was a prized possession.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top