Join for free
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 10:39 AM

Tuesday Twitterings

Does anybody Twitter (or Tweet?) by the way? I don't think I could cope with a 140 character limit ... can you say anything very meaningful in such a short message?

It's a murky old day here - roll on Spring, she said again, more in hope than expectation.

Much disquiet on Saga forum today about the moderation practice and policy - they have real problems, I think. Trouble is, little forums tend to move at a much slower pace and find it difficult to compete.

Have a good day everyone - I hope the snow stays away and maybe even the sn will shine on you
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 10:54 AM

Re: Tuesday Twitterings

Morning DM

Its murky here too, not raining yet but its on its way.

I don't twitter but I must admit that I am on facebook, my "friends" I use the term loosely as I don't know most of them and don't even speak the language of a good many! I have only asked a few but if someone requests being a friend I accept if they have basenjis!

I hope this forum continues as it is, its just so friendly, it would be a shame if it changed too much.

I hope you all have a good day, think of me at work this afternoon probably very quiet now the children are back at school.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 11:10 AM

Morning All Lovely day here again, pity I have a chest infection and don't appreciate it!

Hope you all have a good Tuesday and enjoy yourselves, whatever you do.

Take care.
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 01:49 PM

My hubby is a Twitter-holic . Spends loads of time sending tweets, but it's not for me. At least it's free and keeps him away from ebay (which isn't ).

Another grey and dismal day again here in beautiful Milton Keynes. Must keep the spirits up, spring will arrive soon...
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 02:30 PM

I'm more of a moaner than a twitterer, . . it aint surprising with all that's going on in our country just now.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 05:40 PM

Nasty yucky grey overcast, chilly day here too, 2 degrees (36 F), Yesterday's rain didn't amount to much, only .27", so the snow banks, now grey and dingy , are still around. To the other market for Leia's favorite tins and other stuff, just pottering around now

I don't Twitter; used to be on Facebook but canceled: found the site confusing and a bit silly ...poking, etc!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by moetmum ->
but if someone requests being a friend I accept if they have basenjis!
I would say that's probably OK but do be careful to make sure that all your 'preferences' are set correctly, what has scarred the hell out of me is the possibility that if I joined facebook and got one of the preferences wrong all my details and all my messages could be read by anybody anywhere in the world so I will not join ('tho I have been asked)

Plus of course the fear that I might get a "I want to be your friend" from someone called Osama Bin Laden

Oh BTW they definately sell your images to third parties so a picture of your Basenjis could be used by anyone anywhere for anything as innocent as a homework project through to an evil anti Basenji society member
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 09:47 PM

Evening all-firstly I hope your chest infection soon clears up Brandykins.

Secondly, I have been told on occasions that I 'twitter' but not in the sense that you mean Dinahsmum........!!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-02-2010, 10:17 PM

Good Evening DM and everyone!!

I could never handle 140 characters, I could not handle two. I think VM and OG are rubbing off on me.

A friend of mine told me she got a call from her grand-daughter and she said "Nana are you ok, I heard you fell"
Marguerite said "How did you know that' and she said I saw it on facebook" Knowing Marquerite she is going to kill someone.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top