Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 12:56 PM

Some Observations.

Out tother day and had to sit down for a while to rest my sore paw. My seat was a bench in the main street in my local city, so i indulged in a bit of people watching and made the following observations.

95 percent of young women with buggies dont have a wedding ring.

A nearby Herring gull on a flat roof despite thousands of passing folk made no attempt to attack anything or steal food unlike the pigeons.

Why is it that people who wear shorts (both sexes) are the very ones who should never wear shorts.

Does anyone else people watch, feel free to add your observations.
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:24 PM

Re: Some Observations.

Have to agree, Nom, people watching is a great pastime. I do it a lot whilst sitting in/outside coffee shops.

Gulls (I use the term generically as there is no such thing as a "Sea Gull"), are less opportunistic than pigeons. They are still greedy, but they will choose their moments more carefully than pigeons. If you visit Padstow in Cornwall and buiy a cornish pasty as a great many tourists do, you need to be prepared to defend it with gusto. Take your eyes off it for a second and the gulls will swoop down and take it !

Like you I have noticed specific groups of people when I sit and watch. Any weekday morning the coffee shops will quickly fill with mums and toddlers and / or grandparents with toddlers. To be expected I suppose in an age when most are out earning a wage.

I also regularly notice groups of older men all meeting for a drink and a chat. It's nice to see really. Lots of camarade.

The other thing you notice is how younger girls and women all follow the same dress code like a line of sheep. I sat in one UK city earlier this year and literally every minute a irl would walk by wearing exactly the same outfits. Essentially, black tights or leggings, denim shorts over the top of those and shoes that are essentially "nothing" just a flat bit of leather with some material on top. I really wanted to shout "baaaaaaa" after each one passed but I restrained myself.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:25 PM

LOL I have become fascinated by the number of women of all ages (many should be old enough to know better) who are wearing playsuits - something put away after a toddler learns to dress themselves IMO. None seem to be playing in them either so put some proper clothes on I say.
I also observed several foxes early this morning none attacked anyone or attempted to gain access to anyone's home either, unlike the press would like us to think.
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:27 PM

And if you wait long enough eventually there is always the not so discreet nose picker.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:30 PM

No but yesterday on my day trip, the couple in front of me were People watchers . Quotes,
" She looks out of Puff" this was a young girl going at a good pace , obviously in a hurry to get there .
It was quickly followed by " and shes all puffed UP" a young mother smoking on a cigarette.
I began to think i must be more conscious of what I'm doing when I'm out ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:31 PM

I used to observe people but having lived here for 8 + years - I really don't want to figure them out .............
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:41 PM

I like to make up stories about the people I see. When my middle daughter and I sit in Dunelm's or garden centre cafes we look at the people on other tables and make up things, " That's not her husband, they're meeting secretly, hiding in plain sight." and conclude that they're far too nice to each other to be married.
Then there was an elderly couple with a younger couple next to us and the older woman was showing the other woman some jewellery from her handbag, " I'm leaving you this dear, your sister does so much more for us so she's getting the house. If you'd reconsider us moving on with you however..."
We end up laughing poor folk must think we're nuts
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:51 PM

I have to confess when the fair comes, all us locals gather around to watch tourist on those terror rides that tip you upside down, drop you down fast,twist you around and everything falls out of your pockets including your stomach. Going every shade of green is an understatement

Its the best free entertainment we get all year
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:58 PM

On our holiday in Italy we spent the last hour of the day on our balcony with a bottle of rose watching folk on the street below. This evening there was a jazz band just down the street and the couple in the photo started dancing. It kept us entertained for ten minutes or so.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2015, 01:58 PM

When I collect my grandchildren from school, I often sit on a wall for 5 minutes as I am early, its then when I people watch and one thing stands out a mile for me is the number of mothers wheeling pushchairs with one hand and the other reading messages on the moblies, taking not a blind bit of notice what there child is saying to them or indeed as to where there walking!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top