Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 01:09 PM

Interesting mail

Our mail delivery today was particularly interesting, normally we get a couple of items of junk but today they surpassed themselves and we had the following items:

Pizza Hut flyer
Letter from Talk Talk (addressed to the Occupier)
Farm Foods flyer
Dreams beds flyer
Vape HQ (don't ask)
Specsavers flyer
BT flyer
Sky flyer

But then again no bills, so why should I care.....
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 01:16 PM

Re: Interesting mail

Surely you missed out the Virgin Special offer just for you flyer
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by solo ->
Surely you missed out the Virgin Special offer just for you flyer
No, that arrived yesterday....
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 01:29 PM

We have 6 flats in each block but on occasions the postman will put a dozen or so of 1 particular promotion pack through the letterbox! Does he think one of us will will pass the flyers on to our neighbours ? Nooooooo, I don't think so!
solo
UK
solo is female  solo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
We have 6 flats in each block but on occasions the postman will put a dozen or so of 1 particular promotion pack through the letterbox! Does he think one of us will will pass the flyers on to our neighbours ? Nooooooo, I don't think so!

Cor ! that's not a very neighbourly attitude after that poor overworked postie depended on you to do his work for him.
solo
UK

22-07-2015, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
No, that arrived yesterday....
Good old Virgin who still haven't worked out that putting their name on the back of the envelope guarantees that it will stay unopened and quickly binned

Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 02:12 PM

It's just the same with emails Barry. I've recently bought a special offer from 'Groupon' now I'm getting about 4 emails a day from them.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts

22-07-2015, 02:17 PM

Good old Virgin who still haven't worked out that putting their name on the back of the envelope guarantees that it will stay unopened and quickly binned

The irony being that we left Virgin when we moved here because they don't even supply this area,...
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 02:38 PM

When I can be bothered and if I'm feeling particularly picky, I will write on the envelope 'return to sender/unsolicited mail' or something of the like and repost it.

Occasionally, I have opened several junk mails which have return envelopes and returned the contents to different senders. I do ensure that my name/address etc is removed first.

When I receive the odd communication addressed to my late husband, I have been known to scrawl on the envelope 'DIED' and then I repost it.

Time consuming but can relieve stress
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 07:18 PM

When I can be bothered and if I'm feeling particularly picky, I will write on the envelope 'return to sender/unsolicited mail' or something of the like and repost it.
When I take Chloe for her nightly walk we pass the postbox so it is no trouble to stick all the unsolicited mail in there with my name crossed out and the senders added .

I don't get a lot that kind of mail these days so think the message might be getting through particularly to those cheeky insurance companies who seemed to know exactly when any insurance was due

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top