Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:08 PM

Howdy

Hello folks,

Just thought I would write a wee line to let you all know I arrived safely in Texas yesterday and am having a good relaxing time so far, sitting in the back garden with a cool Coca-Cola (no alcohol on this holiday due to my health and my brother-in-law being a recovering alcoholic!).

My brother in law acquired another old vehicle last week as he does fairly regularly to fix up and sell on - so I'll be helping out working on that for the next few days. I hate being on holiday (especially in somebody else's house) and not doing anything, I get more pleasure from keeping busy.

I'll try and post more on here too.

The wife wants to go out now to get some groceries for dinner tonight but she doesn't like driving on the "wrong side" so I guess I'll be taxi-ing her around. I have to say I love American cars, but I'm not overly enamored with the Pontiac G6 we have as a hire car. Never mind, there are plenty of chances to drive better vehicles on our holiday as we fully intend on staying for a few weeks at the very least.

Depending on how things go we may head over to Canada after this as we have some friends over there we could spend some time with before finally flying back to Scotland.

As stated in another thread in the members only section, my health is on a downward spiral and therefore I fully intend to spend as long as possible here and enjoying it to the maximum, as when we go home it will likely be "for good".

Take care all.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:26 PM

Re: Howdy

Nice to hear from you Jim, and glad you've settled into holiday mode! Enjoy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 09:15 PM

Hi Jim, sounds like you are enjoying yourself, that's brilliant news.

Stay safe, take it easy, and keep in touch when you can.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 09:39 PM

Have a great time and stock up with some good memories to bring home with you..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 10:00 PM

Hi Jim, glad you arrived in Texas safely, are you still getting over your jet lag?

Glad you have settled in already and it's good to hear you'll be kept busy working on that car with your BIL, that will keep you out of mischief

Best wishes to you and Susan, have a wonderful time there...
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 10:34 PM

Have a wonderful holiday and enjoy every minute.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 10:50 PM

see if ya can find a "yankee doodle dandy" while ya there!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 10:57 PM

Hi Jim sounds like you are having fun and a lot more cheerful
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Hi Jim sounds like you are having fun and a lot more cheerful
I am Meg, although the prognosis is still the same and I trust my doctor very much - I now see it from the point of view that nothing is set in stone and these things CAN be wrong. Heck, I have cheated death about 5 times in the past 20 years so I could either do it again or reach the end of my "luck".

We will see. Either way, I have decided that I am now off the booze (at least for a few weeks whilst here to see how I feel) and have even cut down on my smoking, not through a conscious effort but rather I just don't feel like I need to chain smoke here as I did back in Scotland. I'm quite content to go for up to an hour without smoking - it is very strange and something I've not experienced since I was in my 20s!

If anything is going to help my health, being in Texas certainly is - so far at least.

We have just had our tea/dinner here, but it will be past midnight back home so I'll say goodnight!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 06:32 AM

Hello Jim lad So lovely to hear from you
Enjoy every minute of every day xx

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top