Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 07:28 PM

The sweet smell

I bought one of these room fresheners the other day as it was only £1 and it was one of my favourite scents (magnolia).

In the past some ive used have been far too overpowering and I dont like that at all..this one has been so light and subtle ,ive been smelling it every now and again in the air and its just the right amount and it smells beautiful too.

Do you use these room fresheners or do you use other types or nothing at all?

I dont use them all the time just every now and again if I see a nice one.
I do like to have fresh flowers in the lounge too but sometimes they dont have a very strong fragrance which is such a shame.

Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 07:58 PM

Re: The sweet smell

I like incense sticks Aysa very handy if someones been eating baked beans or sprouts!😈
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:00 PM

The only reed diffuser I've ever bought that I could actually smell after a few days is from Tesco. It's their mint one, and it's fab. It's still smelling lovely in my bathroom after at least 6 weeks. Well worth the money and I won't ever buy another make any more.
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:01 PM

Aysa, the one's I like are: Jasmine or Fresh Linen, try those.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:03 PM

LOL Doc at least they cant be "blown" out like candles could be especially if you had eaten lots of beans or sprouts

Incense sticks are quite nice if theyre not too overpowering but id rather the smell of incense than the smell of f**ts
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2015, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by susiejaeger ->
Aysa, the one's I like are: Jasmine or Fresh Linen, try those.
Those are lovely Susie,I specially like the fresh linen or clean cotton smell ones
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2015, 08:06 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
The only reed diffuser I've ever bought that I could actually smell after a few days is from Tesco. It's their mint one, and it's fab. It's still smelling lovely in my bathroom after at least 6 weeks. Well worth the money and I won't ever buy another make any more.
6 Weeks IS a long time for it to last eccles ,once you find a good one best stick with it
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 11:39 PM

I've never tried diffusers. I used to sometimes burn the Yankee wax tarts, but mostly I prefer essential oils in a drop of water in the burners. If alot of flies are about I burn some Citronella, otherwise I like Lavender, Rosewood, Geranium, or Wild Rosemary, these are all very nice.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 07:02 AM

Just a warning folks, the oil in the diffusers can cause burns. There was a cat that knocked one over and the oil burnt it very badly, best to put them away from pets and kids.
Did you know you can now get candles that smell of old books and other "vintage " things ? Google Frostbeard.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-07-2015, 09:37 AM

I could do with something that makes the room smell nice. Only last night I was wondering what a strange smell was and it turned out to be me. My pjs and shorts have been soaking in the sink since.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top