Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 05:21 PM

to iron or not to iron

Spending time with my daughter and family this weekend , I offered to do the ironing ,it was piled really high in a great tumble of clothes. I steamed and pressed happily away thinking it would help them all , emptied the very large basket , neatly folded the masses of clothes into people piles , a few hours later daughter brought in the washing and filled the massive basket with even more piles of ironing .....it was time for me to leave for home.

My daughter and family wash clothes every day , items are worn only once . When I had a family I washed two or three times a week , standing in front of a machine for about 2 hours a time . Cleaner clothes were worn twice , then washed .

Bet when I return the pile of ironing will be piled high in a mass jumble of clothes again ...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 05:27 PM

Re: to iron or not to iron

We have tumble dryers here so no ironing - wonderful
The problem though - people wash just a few items at a time so the laundry is usually busy - drives me crazy - don't like wash days
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 05:45 PM

Laughs at Susan's post as it reminds me of a few family members!

I iron as and when I need something.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:04 PM

That so reminded me of my daughter, every time I go to her house the pile of ironing is nearly touching the ceiling, I did it a few times to help her out but they dont seem to mind.
She was never brought up like that.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
We have tumble dryers here so no ironing - wonderful
The problem though - people wash just a few items at a time so the laundry is usually busy - drives me crazy - don't like wash days
Same here for me Patsy ,I dont know what id do without my tumbly.
I only wash every now and again and dont have set washing days...stuff I want to smell fresher goes on the linen line as I dont think that tumbled clothes smell the same as laudry hung out to dry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:15 PM

Susan that sounds just like my DIL, with 3 small children she always has loads of washing but only seems iron when an item is needed .
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Marj ->
That so reminded me of my daughter, every time I go to her house the pile of ironing is nearly touching the ceiling, I did it a few times to help her out but they dont seem to mind.
She was never brought up like that.

That line really made me laugh Marj - you sound so disappointed - come on gal, you know what they're like, they take more notice of the TV these days than Mum and Dad x
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2015, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
Same here for me Patsy ,I dont know what id do without my tumbly.
I only wash every now and again and dont have set washing days...stuff I want to smell fresher goes on the linen line as I dont think that tumbled clothes smell the same as laudry hung out to dry
Yep, I couldn't believe it, no ironing needed although there are some here that still iron 'everything' - can't get out of the habit I guess
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:41 PM

I freely admit I am weird-I iron t-towels and dusters. I should get a life.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 06:54 PM

I iron nothing !! and if my daughter has a pile of ironing when we visit, and she frequently does, it stays a pile of ironing when we leave. Can't see the point of ironing - clothes folded after washing at 30degrees and hung neatly on the line and fold again once dry - that'll do for me !!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top