Join for free
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:00 PM

Local council

For several weeks a fence by the side of someones garden along an alley has been down and a lot of rubbish [ deliberate ] is building up there, I know the woman who's bungalow it belongs to is in a wheelchair and doesnt come out, so I thought Id ring our Council ,as the rubbish is becoming a health hazaard,I was put through to the right department, listened to the message of options of which number to press for which problem,then a recorded message told me I could fill in a form and make a report on the internet,but should I prefer to speak to someone press 1 ,if I did this I could expect a long delay because they are 'very busy '. Sure enough all I got was a message stating this,so after a longish wait I gave up.I shant bother to be a good citizen any more
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:06 PM

Re: Local council

Isn't it infuriating deylon. You can waste half the day trying to actually speak to someone.
What are "customer Services" all about if its not speaking to customers?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:08 PM

I know it makes you not want to bother with anything, it's all frustrating it makes you think whether there's anybody at the other end of the line in the first place?

I normally send an email to the council it's a lot quicker and they normally get back to you in a day or so..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:08 PM

Which department did you request deylon?
If it was Health and Safety you could've dropped the word RATS into your message. Even if there aren't any (which there probably are) the word RATS usually has them running...the council workers I mean not the RATS!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
I know it makes you not want to bother with anything, it's all frustrating it makes you think whether there's anybody at the other end of the line in the first place?

I normally send an email to the council it's a lot quicker and they normally get back to you in a day or so..

But that's all wrong Sue. With the technology they have nowadays, why don't we get a response sooner?

When it was just good old fashioned telephones, we had a response within minutes.
And this is progress?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:30 PM

A couple of years ago Sheila thought she had lost her purse which contained her debit card. I rang her bank and kept getting the message " Please hold your call is important to us". I did hold on.......for 55 mins when I gave it up as a bad job.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 09:32 PM

Our council are quite quick to respond and can usually answer a phone in seconds. However they fall down in some departments actually coming out from behind the phones to do anything, they promise much but deliver little in many areas.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:01 PM

ruthio I didnt get a chance to speak to anyone or leave a message, I know I could e.mail them but not everyone has access to the internet. The main switchboard put me through when I said I wanted to report rubbish,after that it was all automated messages, ,and if I wished to speak to someone there would be a long wait ,as they were 'extremely busy'
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2015, 08:13 PM

Shocking isnt it!!
Last year I had a whole line of roof ridge tiles come down just missing my car and also had several fence panels blown down too in the back garden...I rang the council maintenance dept to report these two incidences and my ridge tiles were done in about a month but it was February when I reported my fence panels and they wernt fixed until the middle of September,it turned out that the original report wasnt forwarded to the right people I did ring the council several times but kept getting told they were busy and I would have to wait ,even though I had a dog and had to erect some wire netting as a stop gap

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top