Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:03 PM

The concept of 'eye candy'

I've recently been reminded of the term 'eye candy', used to express an attraction to physical attributes. I've never been able to identify with it. If I am attracted to someone, it is because of the personality behind the eyes, and the vibes I get from them. While I can think of some physical attributes that might put me off a bit initially, I cannot honestly say I have ever had a purely physical attraction.
Am I deprived and alone?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:16 PM

Re: The concept of 'eye candy'

Agree with you 100 per cent
Personality is priority for me, nice kind eyes and sense of humour - perfect man - perfect woman
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:26 PM

I can understand the concept of "eye candy" - to me it represents someone (in my case a woman) who looks so good that I can derive pleasure from looking at her. That does not in any way mean that I would be attracted to her or make an effort to connect with her. Simple visual stimulation nothing more.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:38 PM

Yes eye candy is a "treat for the eyes" bearded gentlemen for example!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:40 PM

IMO getting to know a person is in 3 stages :-
Short term - looks
Medium term- personality
Long term- character.
Looks are important to a degree, if you don't like the look of a person you're unlikely to want a relationship.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Short term - looks
Medium term- personality
Long term- character.
Looks are important to a degree, if you don't like the look of a person you're unlikely to want a relationship.

I agree with that Alan. If you didn't like the look of someone, you'd probably steer clear if possible, so you'd never get to know their personality even.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:53 PM

Smiley people are often either nice or pleased with themselves, once I find out which they are then go for nice ones.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I can understand the concept of "eye candy" - to me it represents someone (in my case a woman) who looks so good that I can derive pleasure from looking at her. That does not in any way mean that I would be attracted to her or make an effort to connect with her. Simple visual stimulation nothing more.
I can understand that but not identify with it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

20-07-2015, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Short term - looks
Medium term- personality
Long term- character.
But 'looks' mean different things to different people. To me, 'looks' are not an isolated entity because the personality that is exhibited overrides physical appearance.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2015, 03:16 PM

Personality and definitely a sense of humour would come first for me. Someone who can make me smile or laugh will get my attention before anyone who is attractive/handsome.

Physical attraction is shallow, personality is deep

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top