Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 09:16 PM

At last news from Afghanistan...

Just put the phone down from my Neice in Germany...her hubby has managed to get 2 phone calls through to her and the boys. He is well, very busy and very tired. He now has an internet connection which he can use-thats if he gets any time-so hopefully they will be able to use skype. Its his birthday tomorrow and hopefully he will have received his cards and 'shoe box' with goodies in. This has made my evening
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 09:27 PM

Re: At last news from Afghanistan...

That's wonderful news Merz, I'm glad he arrived safely though not pleased that he had to go there

Happy Birthday to him for tomorrow!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
That's wonderful news Merz, I'm glad he arrived safely though not pleased that he had to go there

Happy Birthday to him for tomorrow!
Thanks Mags, it certainly is wonderful news. Hopefully the telephone/internet connection won't go down and they can keep in touch.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 11:17 PM

good news. and a relief for all concerned
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

21-02-2010, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by cathy ->
good news. and a relief for all concerned
Thanks Cathy-now we have heard from him its certainly is a relief
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 12:08 AM

Good News and such a relief for all of you. Please tell him how much we appreciate his service and how brave we all think he is. I too send my Birthday wishes to him.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 09:57 AM

Aw that is good news indeed. I wish him all the very best on his birthday as well and hope he is home soon safe and sound to your niece. It must be a very trying time for her.
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 10:17 AM

Fantastic news merz, . . he's doing a marvellous job for everyone in the free world IMO, . . I wish him well and a safe return to his loved ones.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2010, 01:32 PM

That's good news for you. I'm pleased for you.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK

22-02-2010, 10:30 PM

Thank you all for your good wishes, you are all very kind.

She had more good news today-he will be coming home at end of June for two weeks 'rest and recuperation' then back to Afghanistan until the end of August. She and the boys are on countdown already!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top