Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:25 AM

What happened to them?

Just been looking at the members list and notiched there are so many that joined years ago stayed a few days then just dissapeared into the fog never to return. I wonder why? Maybe some will return i did after a few years i hope they do.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:53 AM

Re: What happened to them?

I joined two years ago and looked at the forum and probably did a few posts but wasn't too sure what to do? So i left, then came back early on this year and plucked up courage and confidence and now i'm here
Maybe they had difficulty getting back on? Or forgot about it? Or simply just couldn't be bothered..
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 11:53 AM

Doc I am sure it is the same on all sites as a run through any introduction section anywhere will show people join and then decide forum life is not for them after all.

Some who join are not genuine members but 'sleeping spammers' who join under the pretence of being a member and post normal sounding posts a couple of times then when they think no one is looking they start spamming links in lots of threads and quickly get zapped.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:13 PM

Perhaps they just watch the rest of us!
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Perhaps they just watch the rest of us!
Ha ha...I think You're right.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:23 PM

What does surprise me is the amount of views a post will get yet only a few regulars seem to post on the topic. I
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
What does surprise me is the amount of views a post will get yet only a few regulars seem to post on the topic. I
I view the posts and decide if its something I would like to add a contribution to or not, you have to view to see if its something that interests you.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 01:23 PM

Me too, or I can't think of any thing to say at that moment, may have a think and go back. Sometimes it's the bots and spiders looking for words so they can link in adverts etc.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 04:33 PM

I usually post more if I have a main computer running, instead of browsing from the iPad. It's very tiring writing long posts on the latter.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2015, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Just been looking at the members list and notiched there are so many that joined years ago stayed a few days then just dissapeared into the fog never to return. I wonder why? Maybe some will return i did after a few years i hope they do.
Was going to respond via PM but you have this blocked. stevmk2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top