Join for free
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 03:51 PM

Turning points: what was your latest one?

About 20 years ago I started up what was to become a small charity using the arts to help people develop - socially, creatively, etc..
Last night I called a meeting of the Board to resign and we closed it down.
The admin was getting too much for me, but TBH I wanted to move on to other fields. I set up a similar one for a friend who wants to work with young people only, and now she can carry on with that so our assets will go to her.
It was a big step - but it just feels like the right time.
Now I can concentrate on other goals.

Have you made any changes lately?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 04:46 PM

Re: Turning points: what was your latest one?

We can only know `turning points` in hindsight??

If this and that--?

Follow your heart,but have the brain on the brake pedal unless you wish to post replies like mine
claireandaisy
Essex
claireandaisy is female  claireandaisy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 05:08 PM

I may be having a senior moment but I didn`t understand that.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Sometimes you need to move on and apply change - I think I feel that way at the moment. Not sure what to do yet tho :-/ (would love to move for starters!)
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 05:16 PM

The only thing stopping you is you

I can't identify an event like yours C&D but I do know something which changed my attitude greatly and that was the downing of the PanAm plane over Lockerbie. I thought well, if you can be vapourised just sitting in your own home on a cold December night maybe you should just get on and .... do it. Don't put it off till tomorrow, don't scrimp and save for a tomorrow that never comes - if you want to do it, if it's fairly feasible to do it, if you're not going to hurt anyone you love by doing it, then just get on and do it.
This is not a dress rehearsal.

I suspect many other people thought the same or similar thoughts after the 11th of September 2001
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
The only thing stopping you is you
Well that and money
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 06:22 PM

Claire go with what your heart is telling you, it will probably be great and it not at least you gave it a try.

As far as my change, I love change but it's usually little things.

I've been on the phone with my daughter for AN HOUR to hear about her trip to Georgia and had to change ears on the phone
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 06:34 PM

Good for you Claire, . . there's nothing worse than a feeling of being in a rut or trapped, . . onwards and upwards to pastures new and new interests eh.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top