Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 12:56 PM

What a sad country we live in

It's getting worse too, . . another soldier was killed in Afghanistan yesterday but the tiger and Ashley Cole made the front page in the Sun today, . . Lt Douglas Dalzell only got a brief note on page two.

Both of these clowns do not deserve a mention anywhere IMO, . . and that stupid apology from the tiger yesterday was a farce, . . why do all the clowns in the world make it big time ?
He's put a new slant on the golfing saying, . . "playing around".

Saturday is the only day I buy a newspaper and it's only to get the weekly TV programs.

Looking around me I'm dismayed at Britain, . . from fiddling MP's to stupidity in all professions, . . Britain has become a joke IMO.
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 12:58 PM

Re: What a sad country we live in

I couldn't agree more
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Cheer Up, you know how you say spring is right around the corner.

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 01:27 PM

I feel the same about today's headlines Nero ...... those two men certainly don't deserve space in the newspapers

As for Tiger Woods confession/apology or whatever you'd like to call it....... he should change his script writer! I cannot believe that came from the heart!
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 02:07 PM

In an effort to cheer Denis, I didn't mean to make light of what Tiger did. If I were his wife, I would never forgive him.

Yes the media is sick!!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 02:18 PM

You know we really do deserve better than the media we have.
I was amazed that a millionaire, non-British, sports person (who I'm sure works hard at his sport but never breaks sweat doing it ... so is it really a sport?) and his weasel words 'explaining' his selfishness and stupidity ranked the most important and therefore first item on the BBC 6pm news
buzzie
USA

20-02-2010, 02:26 PM

I stand by my post that said the media is sick but it's not all media. They print what sells and the TV gives us what people want to hear and that is every bit as sick as what the media is doing.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 02:43 PM

Another reason not to buy `pulp fiction`?

In the last 24/36 hours England beat Pakistan in an albeit inferior type of cricket. This country has a gold medal winner and it`s a strange comfort to hear every (sad) death mentioned in a war/conflict.

I wonder how the media/politicians would have coped with the first day of the Somme??
buzzie
USA

20-02-2010, 02:55 PM

Wouldn't it be wonderful if someone had the power to say. Stop every war and conflict on the planet right now!! It would have to be every war because our need to 'protect' would be there and it just grows again. I'm a dreamer.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 05:05 PM

Not to mention the medias portrayal of terrorist attacks which very very very few people are going to die off.

Hundreds of thousands die of another killer every year and it gets little or no media coverage let alone headlines!

Diabetes!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top