Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 07:45 PM

Sunburn

Saturday I went to the local carnival, it was a hot day so as always I used plenty of sun protection, I actually use factor 50

This morning I washed my hair, and when I came to blow dry it, it was very sore and the heat of the hair dryer was uncomfortable, it wasn't till 5 minutes ago when I came out the shower and brushed my hair all my scalp is red and it could only be sunburnt ! anyone else ever had there scalp burnt with the sun.

Suppose my hair is getting thinner with age
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 07:51 PM

Re: Sunburn

Yes, with my hair thin on top and with a bald spot at the back I always have to wear a hat on sunny days. I have had a bit of sunburn on my head when I've forgotten though. Not very nice, eh!
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 07:54 PM

Not nice at all Tachyon, I always wore a sun hat but only in the garden
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 08:15 PM

The powers that be recommend wearing a hat. Aloe Vera is very good and cooling for sunburn.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 08:30 PM

Never used to bother wearing one but I find I get less headaches after I've been in the sun if I've worn one. It does make me have a sweaty head and my hair has had it when I take it off !!
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 09:04 PM

Well, you lovely ladies could maybe use a parasol? A little old-fashioned maybe, but at least your hairstyles would always look lovely.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 10:43 PM

I have several! They match me bustles! Don't go well with the pith helmet though!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
The powers that be recommend wearing a hat. Aloe Vera is very good and cooling for sunburn.

TessA, that is very true. I read that even the burns hospital in London use it. It is instantly soothing and cooling isn't it.
Not sure how you'd rub it in your scalp though, unless you shaved your head first.

I keep several Aloe plants in the house and I just snap a leaf off and use the fresh gel if I need it.
I drink 50-60ml of Aloe juice every morning too. NOT from my plants though - its bought stuff.

Shirley, it also helps cool insect bites, I forgot to say earlier.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

06-07-2015, 11:02 PM

I have it in a bottle with a nozzle so easy to squirt wherever you need it, always wear a hat though.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
I have it in a bottle with a nozzle so easy to squirt wherever you need it, always wear a hat though.

Tess, the reason I am laughing is it sounded as if you spray so robustly, you need your hat for a shield.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top