Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 07:07 PM

Do It Yourself Tips

Being small in statue I am fed up of not being able to have nice crop pants that fit right round the calf. I have in the past took them in....now I buy cigarette trousers cut them to my length and they fit nice and snug....I'm not walking around with them wafting about and they do look smart.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 07:37 PM

Re: Do It Yourself Tips

I like the idea - bet they look better than those you buy, I prefer a snug fit too
I don't think clothes fit as well as they did back in the 60s and 70s - thought I'd throw that one in the pot ................
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 07:38 PM

I don't like belts on dresses, so I remove them and make a matching headband ........
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 08:34 PM

I have often bought jackets from Ebay or charity shops and changed the buttons on them ,this gives the jacket a whole new look..also I look on Ebay and charity shops for white and light coloured clothes that I like as these are sometimes cheaper because not everyone likes buying white clothes and I will dye them myself to a colour I do like.
Its easy enough to do and the results ive found are very good as well
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2015, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Gabi ->
Being small in statue I am fed up of not being able to have nice crop pants that fit right round the calf. I have in the past took them in....now I buy cigarette trousers cut them to my length and they fit nice and snug....I'm not walking around with them wafting about and they do look smart.

Excuse my ignorance Gabi, but what are 'cigarette trousers'?
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 01:17 AM

I think it means straight leg or drain pipe...no flare. Me? I discovered yoga pants...way flattering even if you hate yoga.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 05:02 PM

I thought perhaps you wore them with a smoking jacket!
I changed the nobs on my bedroom furniture, it went from Mexican to rustic pine in moments!
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 06:17 PM

Tessa they are a slim leg like a cigarette, nothing stopping you wearing a smoking jacket if it floats your boat.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 08:42 PM

Knobs! I meant! I prefer straight legs on trousers or palazzo pants. I quite fancy a smoking jacket, could wear a beret or fezz with it. Something stylish with a tassel!
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2015, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I don't like belts on dresses, so I remove them and make a matching headband ........
oh you little hippy gal!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top