Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 04:40 PM

Love it or hate it.

Eeeew - I don't like packing - it's a pain!!

Here I am half way through it and wondering if there's room for shoes etc. Ah well I may have to take another case and then Tony will grumble 'Do you really need all this for 5 days'
'Yes' I'll say....

If you don't see me around it's because I'm off to Scarborough/Saltburn tomorrow till Monday. I just charged my Hudl so hopefully I'll be able to keep in touch - depends on wi fi really..

So - do you love or hate packing?

Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 04:46 PM

Re: Love it or hate it.

We don't pack the conventional way, as we normally go by bike. We put our clothes into a holdall and panniers at the side..
But hopefully if we get away this year we are going in the Van so probably take a Case instead so i don't mind packing cases as long as everything fits! My hubby is a better Case packer than me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 04:46 PM

Don't mind as I have it down to a fine art,just roll everything up and it all fits fine...What the heck have you packed in that case Carol?...looks like sheets and blankets ;~)
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Just returned from Lanzarote, and I hate packing, particularly the outward part. Coming home I just bung it all in, but this year I took several items that I never wore and that didn't go with anything else, so it was a complete waste of space and effort.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
What the heck have you packed in that case Carol?...looks like sheets and blankets ;~)
Ahah - no sheets & blankets just clothes.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 05:08 PM

I travel light , when i go to IOM each year to see my Daughter I refuse to pay extra for a case in the Hold so I take hand luggage ,So in my hand luggage goes a change of outer wear , and plenty of Knickers ,,and my hand bag goes in too , cause they tried to charge £60 for my handbag ,saying i Was taking two bags , Cheek !
I carry my coat over my arm and I borrow trainers from daughter and socks ,and fleece off of her too
What I have to remember is its me carrying it up the plane steps ,
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 05:16 PM

I don't mind packing......Sheila does it ! However, I do all the driving so it's fair division of labour.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:02 PM

Just bought a new static so once equipped we won't be packing because it will all be there ready for us - bliss.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Just bought a new static so once equipped we won't be packing because it will all be there ready for us - bliss.
Envious! I would but for the site fees.

Carol, have a fab time. I don't really like packing, as I invariably take stuff I don't need or don't use. I never learn.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 09:51 PM

The wife does any packing that has to be done, even when I'm going off alone, she's a dab hand at it, I would be bound to leave something important out.
Have a nice break Carol.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top