Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 10:38 AM

Disgruntled employees.

I’m sure there are quite a few out there. Spitfire’s thread ‘Bad Quality’ prompted me to do a thread on workers with a chip on their shoulder over something their boss said or did to them, and would they take the opportunity to engage in small time sabotage if it arose, especially if there was little chance of them being held to blame.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 10:47 AM

Re: Disgruntled employees.

I can only speculate but I think it is quite common for payback tactics to be implimented
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 11:05 AM

I have to admit shamefully to thoughts of murder about my boss occasionally
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 11:10 AM

Don't I wish, but everything I do is computer based and they know exactly what I have done in a day.
Steven with a V
Cardiff Valleys
Steven with a V is male 

01-07-2015, 12:18 PM

I worked for a decade or so in retail; low pay, long hours, the odd rude client and the ubiquitous bullying supervisor. It didn't take long for most new colleagues to become as cynical and bitter as us old hands. Being quite empathic and sociable I liked the public contact that came with the job, alas I couldn't deal with the exploited reality of the retail worker. The only way we could, "strike back" as it were, as employees was to take a little bit of our work home with us, if you get my drift.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
I have to admit shamefully to thoughts of murder about my boss occasionally
Now there goes an honest woman.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 04:41 PM

Haven't worked for years now retiring at 60. Saying that about
disgruntled employees. What I find disgusting are the French
on strike at the moment. Blocking the tunnel and setting on fire
the opening on their side. WHAT!!! Where were the Police when this
happened. Why take it out on all the lorry drivers and passengers
coming to England or those in England wanting to go that way.
They are the ones that make me sick.,
The cost is enormous for the lorry companies and people who have
booked the train. They should be taken to task by the French
Government instead of blaming the UK for the trouble with all the
migrants they are having in Calais.
opheila
North Jersey, US
opheila is female  opheila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2015, 06:14 PM

I've been in retail far too long...a few customers from heck...

The absolute worst are extreme coupon people, double the people who are mathematically gifted and extreme couponing. Not only does it consume time and hold up the line. You get them rung up and they'll do their calculations demanding an extra seven cents off the six big cans and the case of small cans should be coming up thirty eight cents, not forty one cents and...

The people who are yapping into their phone device and don't acknowledge the staff at all. They just throw a credit card your general direction.

Demanding to see a manager...worse yet "a man who knows what he's talking about". I work in a male dominated store, but if I am giving you the correct answer to your problem you are rude asking for a second opinion.

Customers who don't accept that a product is online only or we don't have an alternate model in the store. I'm glad to ring up a nearby store. But even if our records show the item it could be buried for the ages in an overhead.
In a big box store if a salesperson says "I'll look in the back.", that means they are probably disappearing until you leave the store.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-07-2015, 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I’m sure there are quite a few out there. Spitfire’s thread ‘Bad Quality’ prompted me to do a thread on workers with a chip on their shoulder over something their boss said or did to them, and would they take the opportunity to engage in small time sabotage if it arose, especially if there was little chance of them being held to blame.

I had to smile Jem, because it made me remember something many years ago, where somebody who worked at a place that makes the seaside rock sweets, was printing obscenities through the middle of the sticks of rock.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top