Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 10:53 AM

Airport scanners

The PC brigade have issued a warning to the government over the use of these, . . they say it's against the law to scan people because they regard it as an invasion of privacy.

How stupid can you get, . . what do they want, . . aircraft coming down killing hundreds ?
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Re: Airport scanners

Fly naked with all body orifices sewn up and sealed 48 hours before take off.

You know it makes sense.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 01:17 PM

Oh yes, lets make sure we don't invade the privacy of terrorist so he can carry a bomb in his crotch

You can listen to my phone conversations, check my emails and bank records etc. etc. and if it keeps us all safe, I'm for that.

You do have your right to disagree though because I do believe in free speech
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 03:48 PM

Whatever next eh - they'll be spying on our telephone conversations and internet usage. Oops forgot they already do that

Why can't they just use dogs to sniff out any chemicals and normal scanners for metal objects?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 04:10 PM

Well I can't say I'm 100% in favour of it

In the past, full body scanning was only used as a last resort when all other diagnostic tools had failed in finding tumors in a person that had cancer.

What happens with someone like my husband who has had several medical scans in the past, would this extra radiation be dangerous to him?

What about young women who travel in the early stages of pregnancy before they realise they are pregnant? It could do untold damage in their case

I really think more thought should go into this.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 04:43 PM

I don't think the scanners are the answer and it has nothing to do with the pictures or radiation. Let's say you take out all the airport screening that deals with security, it may just end airport transportation as we now know it, for a while that is. Then we build a better railway system and they bomb the trains.

I still feel listen to my phone conversations, read my emails and check my banking since I have nothing to hide. That is were you will find the problems.
Victors Mate
Fondly Remembered
Planet Earth
Victors Mate is male  Victors Mate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 05:58 PM

The probability of one bomb being on a plane is 1/1000, the chance that there are two bombs is 1/1000000. So if you take one with you, the chance of another bomb being around is actually 1/1000000, and you are that much safer..."
buzzie
USA

19-02-2010, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Victors Mate ->
The probability of one bomb being on a plane is 1/1000, the chance that there are two bombs is 1/1000000. So if you take one with you, the chance of another bomb being around is actually 1/1000000, and you are that much safer..."
I'll have to remember that. Love that dry humor of yours.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-02-2010, 06:08 PM

Good point about the radiation Mags!

Originally Posted by victors mate ->
the probability of one bomb being on a plane is 1/1000, the chance that there are two bombs is 1/1000000. So if you take one with you, the chance of another bomb being around is actually 1/1000000, and you are that much safer..."
lol!!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2010, 01:07 PM

Forget body scanners, the real answer is everyone undresses at the check in desk and goes on the aircraft completely naked.

Then when they ask me where I want to sit I can look around and say:-

"Next to that lovely young blonde you just checked in"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top