Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:29 PM

Keep Cool

Im not good at coping in heat/hot weather...

How do you cope when youre in a hot situation wether its by way of the weather heating up or temperatures indoors being overwarm..?
I try to keep in the shade and have cool drinks ,I also keep one room in my house cool by keeping curtains closed to keep the temperature down and also have my windows open as well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:39 PM

Re: Keep Cool

If anyone has the answer - I'd be so happy to hear it
The latest thing I have done is to have 'silver' blackout curtains, they are light in weight and I'd rather have them than not ..............
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:48 PM

Another option is move to up here in the north of Scotland.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:52 PM

At the moment i'm sat with an oscillating desk fan on the table with one half of my patio curtain drawn replying to this post Is that cool or what
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Suzuki Sue ->
At the moment i'm sat with an oscillating desk fan on the table with one half of my patio curtain drawn replying to this post Is that cool or what
You sound pretty cool ta me
The problem with fans is they just circulate the warm air eventually - fine to start with
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:09 PM

Portable air conditioner unit - dogs love it and it doesn't seem to cost as much to run as people told us it would.
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You sound pretty cool ta me
The problem with fans is they just circulate the warm air eventually - fine to start with
I'm cold now with the fan on, i might have a walk in the garden to warm up
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:21 PM

I love the hot weather but we still need to keep cool. So one side of the curtains closed in all rooms, cool drinks on tap (that's hubby's job) Garden brolly up and keep moving around the chairs to avoid the sun, come out every now and again just to have a peek. On a night time we have a ceiling fan in the bedroom which has to go on to keep a bit cooler.

But at work at the moment so got oscillating fan on, window open, spraying myself with a deodorant and putting energizing emulsion which soothes tired legs (no not paint), is it working, no not a jot but I smell nice.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-06-2015, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
I love the hot weather but we still need to keep cool. So one side of the curtains closed in all rooms, cool drinks on tap (that's hubby's job) Garden brolly up and keep moving around the chairs to avoid the sun, come out every now and again just to have a peek. On a night time we have a ceiling fan in the bedroom which has to go on to keep a bit cooler.

But at work at the moment so got oscillating fan on, window open, spraying myself with a deodorant and putting energizing emulsion which soothes tired legs (no not paint), is it working, no not a jot but I smell nice.

That's about right
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:23 PM

Invest in ceiling fans i have one in the lounge, hallway and bedroom. Wouldn't be without them now.☺

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top