Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 02:45 PM

The neighbours again

The continuing saga of the neighbours and their dog.

Having had enough of the annoyance of the neighbour's dog barking at the fence every time we have people here and becuse my friend and her little dog are here frequently and because when her little dog runs to the fence where the barking dog is, which makes the barking dog then turn aggressive and being a dog my friend's little dog retaliates, Mr Clumsy has made that part of the fence inaccessible to any dog here. So on Sunday evening we had friends round, including my friend and her little dog. We were all sat around the pool but as soon as they arrived next door's dog was at the fence barking and barking. Busen, my friend's little dog ran off towards the fence, but hey ho he got a shock, he couldn't get there so after a few seconds of wondering what had happened he gave up and ran round the back of the house, not one bark did he give.

Next door's dog continued to bark, we then saw Janet (neighbour) on the solarium leaning over to see what was making her precious baby bark. Oh my did she look angry when she realised that Busen wasn't there so she couldn't blame him for upsetting her dog.

Well neither Busen or ChoCho went anywhere near the whole night but next door's dog continued to stand at their side of the fence barking. Where we all were by the pool is quite a distance from where the fence is and the pool area is also walled in. Not once did the neighbours call their flipping barking dog away from the fence, but as we all said, it just went to show that it was their dog that needed some discipline. Well during the time we were at the pool every time someone stood up and looked towards the fence Janet as seen quickly bobbing down behind the fence, which we all found amusing, but how sad to go to such lengths and for what?

As I said the pool is quite some distance from the fence and the neighbours can't see into the pool area from their garden, but on Monday morning Janet shouted to Mr Clumsy and told him she was very angry because she heard me, and my friend, say that Bella, her dog, was savage and we were also talking about the Russians in the house behind us, she demanded that he tell me to go onto our side balcony to talk to me ! I truly can't believe her, for one thing nobody ever mentioned Bella being savage, it was mentioned that we had proved the point that it was Bella that was allowed to stand at the fence barking and then get nasty when little Busen went running to her. As for the Russians, well we probably were making jokes about their cannabis growing, but I don't recall.

The thing is, as I have said, the pool area is quite a distance from the fence and to see Janet trying to listen to private conversations by hiding behind the fence I find incredible. I find it even more incredible that she then complains about our conversations. Obviously she hadn't switched her brain on, by even mentioning it she must realise that she was dropping herself right in it by everyone realising she was attempting to hide whilst trying to listen to what was none of her business.

Well I won't go on the side terrace to talk to her, she wants to "talk" to me she must come and ring the bell like anyone else. I know she is angry now because she can't blame Busen for her yapping dog, sorry her baby, but she is very welcome to come and talk to me, I have so many things I can remind her of, one of which is when they invited my son and his wife round to have drinks with them last year and then proceeded to ask questions about us and "slag us off".
My son and his wife didn't tell us this until after they had gone home, they didn't want to cause any trouble, but my son said "can you imagine how I felt mum sitting there listening to them?". I can also remind her that they have fallen out with everyone around here and that is the reason we don't invite them to anything because if we did everyone else would leave. I've kept peace with them over the years because we live next door but now I want nothing more to do with them, not in any way. Hiding behind a fence to listen to what people are saying...............unbelievable !!
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:45 PM

Re: The neighbours again

There's something wrong with neighbours these days they just don't want to be friendly. Couldn't you meet up with your friends somewhere and have a night out? Or go to their house, just so the nosey neighbour's not listening to your conversations? She sounds like a right head case, she must have nothing in her life to occupy herself but try to annoy you all with her barking dog...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 03:45 PM

Never will understand the mentality of certain people - it is so upsetting that people just 'can't' be happy
We live in a world with enough problems to contend with - they should count their bloomin blessings !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:20 PM

Clumsy, don't fret, all you've got to do is 'accidentally' re-direct your hosepipe to somewhere pretty near her ear-hole.

Same applies to yapping dogs.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:39 PM

I can't understand anyone letting their dogs bark! Doesn't it annoy them? If mine barks I tell him off straight away unless it's someone coming to the door.I was just thinking this morning how I'd love one of my neighbours to win the lottery so they'd move!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:47 PM

Thanks Sue, Patsy and Mups. You have to know this couple to believe them, they really think they are so much better than anyone else, they also like telling people what they should do and how they should do it. They are a wealthy couple but he in particular, is so mean you would never believe it. He has a cupboard in the underbuild, floor to ceiling packed solid with bedding sets from the shop they had in UK. These bedding sets have been there for almost 15 years now, hundreds of them but he's much too mean to part with them, he even tried to sell them to one of the charities and when they wouldn't pay he wouldn't give. Only today he has chucked 3 buckets full of oranges in the bin, going rotten I presume because they have been in the buckets for some time now, but he would never give one away. There is nobody in this street who speaks to them, over the years they've managed to upset and fall out with everyone and that includes their own daughter in UK and friends in UK who now make excuses not to have them visit. I could have fallen out with them many many times but I'm a fairly placid person and I can keep my mouth shut and let things go. When I said about her hiding behind the fence, the distance from the fence to the pool area is approximately 20 meters and with 8 people talking and laughing I can't begin to imagine what she thinks she was going to hear. I can understand it must be horrible for them to be left out of everything but they have brought it all on themselves. If they meet anyone they want to know all their business, tell them what they should do with their money etc etc, he's even called me stupid to my face because we were having something done in the house and he said it would be a mistake and I was stupid not to listen to him. He's called me a "killjoy" many times in the past because I don't drink myself into oblivion. Believe me, you have to know this couple to believe how they are.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

30-06-2015, 04:49 PM

Thanks also Tessa. This pair don't need to win the lottery, they have more than enough money and they do have their house on the market, but, at a completely unrealistic price, in fact they'd stand a better chance of winning the lottery than selling their house at such a stupid price.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 04:54 PM

I too don't understand some neighbours these days been here since 1989 42 flats all got along fine, helped each other but weren't always popping in and out each others places so for us just the right amount of contact, now 3 lots of neighbours moved in the last 3 years and all of them caused trouble and so selfish it's almost unbelievable. Seems a modern phenomenon to me.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Clumsy, don't fret, all you've got to do is 'accidentally' re-direct your hosepipe to somewhere pretty near her ear-hole.

Same applies to yapping dogs.
I like that suggestion.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2015, 06:16 PM

I like the hosepipe idea too.

What a dreadful couple they are.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top