Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 11:12 PM

Wearing my specs more.

I noticed a great big blue bottle sitting on my kitchen window sill today, as I was cooking my bacon & mushroom sarnie. I don't use sprays, so got my fly swat and gave it a good whack, missed, and whacked again.

When I went to scoop it up to dispose of, it looked a bit odd. I went and put my specs on and saw I'd been whacking a small lump of compost that had fallen out of my pelargonium pots.
What a twerp.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 11:20 PM

Re: Wearing my specs more.

Ahah funny Mups.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 11:22 PM

spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 11:22 PM

Took the dog for a walk in a small wood tonight, the light played several tricks through the thicket, managed to maintain perspective.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2015, 11:27 PM

Well you did better than me then Spitty.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:02 AM

What are the doctors saying, Mupsy? Have you got the results yet?
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:23 AM

Oh dear Mups, I can understand I have to wear my glasses all the time but then I have glaucoma and I regret it is probably getting worse. I cannot stand flies but like you do not use the sprays as I am allergic to them as well.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 10:48 AM

Well I need new glasses I'd say
Put a lightweight coat on this morning, outside the door Fabs says to me - hang on gal, you can't go out like that - I had a large coat hanger pinned to the front of me coat - can't explain it at all - why didn't I notice it and why was it there .........................
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 11:00 AM

Very funny swatting maybe you did get the fly, and you ate it in your sarnie.
My eyes seem to be deteriorating by the day, I saw an ophthalmic consultant and she tested my eyes and I bought some expensive glasses.
I am now back struggling again, may be my cataracts are on the gallop. I often wonder the stronger your glasses the quicker they get worse again.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2015, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I noticed a great big blue bottle sitting on my kitchen window sill today, as I was cooking my bacon & mushroom sarnie. I don't use sprays, so got my fly swat and gave it a good whack, missed, and whacked again.

When I went to scoop it up to dispose of, it looked a bit odd. I went and put my specs on and saw I'd been whacking a small lump of compost that had fallen out of my pelargonium pots.
What a twerp.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top