Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 12:50 PM

Your bank

Would you miss your bank very much if the local branch closed? I heard this morning about more banks closing their branches and it made me wonder.
I can understand more remote places needing somewhere, but how often do you physically go into a bank nowadays? Don't most people use hole-in-the wall or cash machines, or cash-back at the tills, or perhaps do online banking?
Maybe that is why more branches are closing even?
So, would you miss your bank?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 12:55 PM

Re: Your bank

I would probably miss my bank as i like to pop in now and again with a little savings for my isa account. But otherwise i would open a new account at another bank on the main street..
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 01:29 PM

I do use my bank but not every week.
I would miss it though as I still get cheques for my birthday
and winnings from my shared lotto ticket. I would have
to open another bank account somewhere else if
my bank closes all its outlets. People still use cheques
I hope these people know.
I can get money at the ATM or at Tescos and I also
use telephone banking where I sway what bit of cash I
have around to different parts of my account.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 01:41 PM

Yes very much so and did, thats how I now come to bank online but I wish I didn't have to.

My bank closed a good few years ago now and neither I or my husband drive. To be able to go to another branch it would mean getting a bus to the next village.

I never use hole in the wall, I feel safer going to the post office
counter to get any monies needed.

I hate banking online but its a must, I do however check accounts every single day.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 01:44 PM

My closest bank is several miles away and i use it rarely. Tills and cash machines at the local shopping center with the odd online check of balance, so in a way im contributing to any branch closure
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 01:57 PM

I don't think it would worry us, Steven prefers banking on line so it's years since we went into the branch.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 02:35 PM

It's very rare I go into my branch office but how else would you pay in a cheque when you get one ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 02:46 PM

Post it, that's what we do.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Would you miss your bank very much if the local branch closed? I heard this morning about more banks closing their branches and it made me wonder.
I can understand more remote places needing somewhere, but how often do you physically go into a bank nowadays? Don't most people use hole-in-the wall or cash machines, or cash-back at the tills, or perhaps do online banking?
Maybe that is why more branches are closing even?
So, would you miss your bank?
I definitely would because I can't use telephones.

I use online banking but every time I've had a problem with anything that I can't fix online all I have are 'Phone Numbers to ring.

My main Bank is a 15 minute walk away. If I lost that I could have difficulties.

My secondary Bank closed their branch 20 minutes away so I just use it for transferring money to my wife's housekeeping account now.

She can't get a full Bank Account because she is black-listed but she has what's known as a Cash Account with Nationwide which is all she really needs. stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2015, 03:29 PM

No, don't miss them - can't be doing with the queuing - oo poet, don't know it

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top