Join for free
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 01:40 PM

Lent

Tomorrow, Ash Wednesday, is the first day of Lent.

Years ago we always used self-discipline and gave up something during that period. I always chose to give up cakes.....it's surprising how easy that is after a while

This year I will have to work a bit harder with my diet and cut out a few more things

Are you giving up anything for the next 40 days?
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 02:32 PM

Re: Lent

Seems a good idea to give up cigars and wine--and then never start again(well the odd drink now and again).

Just think-in those 40 days my taste and smell will have improved,I`ll probably have lost a few pounds due to feeling fitter and doing more in the gym and my wallet will not empty so fast.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
Seems a good idea to give up cigars and wine--and then never start again(well the odd drink now and again).

Just think-in those 40 days my taste and smell will have improved,I`ll probably have lost a few pounds due to feeling fitter and doing more in the gym and my wallet will not empty so fast.
Give it a go OG, you may find you'd like to stretch to more than 40 days!
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2010, 11:01 PM

During Lent always used to give up sweets and chocolate and 40 days used to seem an eternity and couldn't wait for Easter Sunday.......
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-02-2010, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
During Lent always used to give up sweets and chocolate and 40 days used to seem an eternity and couldn't wait for Easter Sunday.......
Didn't the chocolate eggs taste extra nice after going without for so long, too
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-02-2010, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Didn't the chocolate eggs taste extra nice after going without for so long, too
Certainly did Mags.......used to get up extra early for a 'chocolate fix'
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

17-02-2010, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Certainly did Mags.......used to get up extra early for a 'chocolate fix'
.... then didn't feel like your breakfast!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top