Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:38 PM

Marry or Live Together

Do you think people should get married ,or does it matter if they just live together, as long as they remain faithful to each other ? My friend has two grandchildren married with children, but is always on at her third grand child , who has been living with her partner for over ten years , to get married.To me it doesnt matter if they marry or not as long as they are true to each other and happy. I have many nephews and nieces , and I have seen them have a big white wedding in Church, but some time later divorce and marry again.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:49 PM

Re: Marry or Live Together

Well people are free to do what ever they want but for me marriage is very important, I would not have been happy if my husband had even suggested living together without the bond of marriage (luckily he feels the same).
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:53 PM

Marriage is important - especially if you intend to have children.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:53 PM

Done the marriage thing, divorce is a horrible process to go through so living together is imo the best way forward
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:57 PM

I really don't see the point in getting married these days. It can sometimes cost thousands of pounds for a promise that an awful lot of couples never keep. If you love each other then you will stay with each other and have a happy life together.

I did get married because it was the done thing in my day, but if I had lived with my husband without getting married we would still have felt the same way about each other.

One of my daughters lived with her first husband for 14 years before they got married. Two years later they were divorced.
maursey
hertfordshire
maursey is female  maursey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Marriage is important - especially if you intend to have children.
Why because it doesn't stop you from getting divorced.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 09:04 PM

when you weigh it up, what's the difference whether you marry or live together it's just a piece of paper I've been married 45 years but we would have loved each other just as much if we had just lived together
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 09:05 PM

I've been married twice,divorced/widowed,then lived with My late Partner for eight years...My Son was We thought happily married for 18 yrs until His Wife said She wanted to 'find Herself' then divorced which left Him devastated..My youngest Daughter has been happily married to the love of Her life for 16yrs...My Eldest Daughter lives in blissful harmony with Her widowed Partner and His 5 grown up Sons,plus Her Own two Adult Kids....whatever makes Them happy makes Me happy also ....Thank gawd there is no such a horrible word as 'illegitamate' these days!!
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
when you weigh it up, what's the difference whether you marry or live together it's just a piece of paper I've been married 45 years but we would have loved each other just as much if we had just lived together

A nice, objective response Wishbone. I wish you many more happy years together
tina
Lincolnshire
tina is female  tina has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 10:05 PM

if the couple truly love each other and create a stable loving home for their children then there is nothing wrong with living together.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top