Join for free
Chr1st1an
East Anglia
Chr1st1an is male  Chr1st1an has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 08:45 AM

Good morning on Shrove Tuesday

-oh I love pancakes with a twist of fresh lemon and a dash of sugar!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 09:47 AM

Re: Good morning on Shrove Tuesday

My favourite way of having pancakes too - though I also like them as the 'stodge' in savouries. Can't be doing with the jam/chocolate theme - way too sweet!
It's a wet old day, as predicted, but quite mild
CeeCee
UK
CeeCee is female  CeeCee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 10:43 AM

Lemon and sugar for me too! I have cheated and bought frozen pancakes this time. Shocking I know, but with my wrist problem I want an easy life! By the way the Dr just phoned and told me to go to the Fracture Clinic tomorrow at 10 a.m. It appears that my wrist has been broken for the last four months, no wonder it has been so bl***y painful
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 10:57 AM

Morning Christian and Everyone

Didn't know this was Shrove Tuesday, although I know it as Pancake Tuesday!! I prefer pancakes warmed up and lots of butter!

Can't believe tomorrow is Ash Wednesday!

Enjoy your day and your pancakes!
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 11:49 AM

Hi,
Hope everyone has a lovely day and enjoys their pancakes!

I make the batter, hubby does the cooking . We both like lemon and sugar, although being American, I'm partial to a little maple syrup
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 01:09 PM

Loads of lemon on the pancakes for me.... forget the sugar!

Showery day, but mild and I think the temperature is supposed to rise to 8ºC later in the week ....woo hoo!

Sainsbury's were busy stacking their shelves with hundreds of Easter Eggs this morning, many of them with offer deals. I wonder how many people buy them this early to take advantage of the price? It seems the year is moving on too quick when you see this!

Have a good day.....enjoy your pancakes!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 05:57 PM

Things are looking up here: supposed to be cloudy with possible flurries, but the sun is shining brightly; -3 (27 F). Yesterdays snow passed North of us, thank God. And Safeway has restored delivery so I have an order coming Thursday for the stuff that Giant doesn't carry. I did get my Giant delivery yesterday. Getting almost back to normal except still no bus; it's rerouted can't get out and have cabin fever

I didn't realize it was Shrove Tuesday, how the time has flown. I don't do them now , but when I did I liked them with lots of butter and sugar!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top