Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 06:38 AM

has the world gone mad?

Has it ? Or is it me.

The speed of the days , sometimes I can't hold onto time.
People seem oblivious to others , "I'm alright jack "
Driving is a worry as others pushing you to get on quicker , or slower, disinterested in anyone but them self's.
Killings , cruel things happening , and bombarded by awful negative happenings on the news.
So called famous people who have come from nowhere done nothing but been on a reality TV show , now mega rich and mixing with so called more famous mega rich 'stars'
Neighbours never knowing who lives next door or to afraid to want to know.
I could go on , but don't need to.

What's wrong with the human race , why has our world become selfish and all about me me me ?
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 06:46 AM

Re: has the world gone mad?

Things aren't that bad Susan, there's a lot of good in the world but it tends not to get reported.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 07:26 AM

It's always been a bit bonkers, where you sit within it, and how long you have been here can have a bearing on just how bonkers it seems, with modern communication methods, you get to hear more, faster, switching off such channels is probably beneficial, in bygone days you got the news after the event, which probably had less impact, maybe.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 07:34 AM

It's always been like that, only now you hear about it the instant it happens - no matter where it is. Too much communication. Don't worry about it.
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 07:48 AM

Susan,

I agree with most of your post except the bit about neighbours. Where we live we are friends with all of our neighbours and always use Chritian Names when talking to them. I always think that you reap what you sow, so try to make the first move on talking to strangers.

Arthur
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 07:52 AM

Was the world ever sane?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:02 AM

It's happening all around us, some may see it more than other's depending where you live..
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by Old Supporter ->
Susan,

I agree with most of your post except the bit about neighbours. Where we live we are friends with all of our neighbours and always use Chritian Names when talking to them. I always think that you reap what you sow, so try to make the first move on talking to strangers.

Arthur
We were friends with our neighbours until one day they decided to park their cars infront of our house and the neighbours higher up and still do, no one parks infront of their house .. Hospitality No Thanks not anymore not with these sort of people anyway...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:33 AM

I agree Susan - people are far more selfish today - community spirit is not alive and well
Old Supporter
Bedfordshire UK
Old Supporter is male  Old Supporter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2015, 08:58 AM

Suzuki Sue,

Car parking can nearly always be a reason for not getting on with your neighbors, I agree. Some people are very selfish with no thoughts of others.
There is no way back from that. I guess that in my 79 years I have always been lucky.

Arthur

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top