Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 04:34 PM

Estate agents

The fun is just beginning. Today I have spent two hours rewriting the details of my house after getting a woefully inadequate and inaccurate first draft from my estate agent. I went in to discuss it, and now find I'm taking the photos too as his were not much help!!

Sadly there is not much competition here so I cannot tell him to **** off.

I really don't like the thought of doing the job for which I will be paying him.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 04:38 PM

Re: Estate agents

I've sold 2 houses in my life and both times I did it myself.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 04:43 PM

Alan, I considered that but here in Ireland it is much more difficult to do so.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
The fun is just beginning. Today I have spent two hours rewriting the details of my house after getting a woefully inadequate and inaccurate first draft from my estate agent. I went in to discuss it, and now find I'm taking the photos too as his were not much help!!

Sadly there is not much competition here so I cannot tell him to **** off.

I really don't like the thought of doing the job for which I will be paying him.

Tell him you want the advertising at half price if you're doing his work for him.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Tell him you want the advertising at half price if you're doing his work for him.
Too right!
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 06:10 PM

I feel for you ...

The last time we sold a house the estate agent got all the details wrong and the photos were just awful.. Under exposed so it made the place look like a dungeon.

I had to re-write it all and give them my own photos..

I wonder what sort of training they do these days...If any?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 07:13 PM

Well i'm not at that stage yet. I've seen two estate agents, one of them today to give a valuation and they both came out the same..
So now i have to think shall i go with the one i have had before who is well established, or the new local one?

I will probably go for the one i trust the most, the only thing is i want it doing right, so i will go for the one i've had before.. There probably a little dearer but they'll market it better as they have the Virtual tour with a voice over as well as the pictures..

Ania i feel for you, i think you have to make it clear to them that you shouldn't be doing their job, and that you want a reduction from the commission they'll be receiving from you.. Good luck
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 11:25 PM

[QUOTE=Cass;666819]I feel for you ...

The last time we sold a house the estate agent got all the details wrong and the photos were just awful.. Under exposed so it made the place look like a dungeon.

I had to re-write it all and give them my own photos..

I wonder what sort of training they do these days...If any?[/QUOTE]

The thing is, Cass, the buggers still get their fees and commission whether they do the job properly or not. This don't seem right to me.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2015, 08:38 AM

Would it be possible to make a for sale board , put it up in garden, then advertise in local papers and online. I did this once and sold my house myself . Think it cost me 50 quid .
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

19-06-2015, 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Would it be possible to make a for sale board , put it up in garden, then advertise in local papers and online. I did this once and sold my house myself . Think it cost me 50 quid .
I live in a remote rural area where the housing market tends to be very slow, so that sadly would not give me enough exposure. I did seriously consider it, though.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top