Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 09:27 PM

Itīs been a lovely day...almost

We had a really lovely afternoon with friends here for food and drink. Lots of laughs, all very pleasant until our neighbours at one side of us returned home. These are the neighbours who have quite literally fallen out with everyone, including me, no idea why other than they were not invited to my birthday party. We canīt invite them to anything because if we did everyone else would either leave or not come. They have a dog, the dog comes to the fence between us and barks, ChoCho ignores it, she doesnīt like the dog, but when my friend is here with her little dog he runs to the fence tail wagging, then their dog starts getting "nasty", so little Busen retaliates. We always go and fetch him away, but the neighbours never even call their dog away. Weīve hired the fence and blocked it in the hope it will prevent the problem, but no, still their dog comes to the fence barking and still the problem carries on. So today it happens again, I went and fetched Busen away, a few minutes later the neighbours dog started again, off I went again and fetched Busen away from the fence. Janet, the neighbour said "it wasnīt fair on Bella (her dog) that Busen should come to our house and annoy Bella ! I asked her why she didnīt call the dog away from the fence when it came barking, her reply "itīs Bellaīs garden, why should I?" Iīm afraid I had to tell her that when Busen is here he is in MY garden and that someone always fetches him away from the fence when he goes to retaliate to theirs. Then the husband started, their dog could do what it wanted. I gave up, Busenīs "mum" tried to reason with them, no chance. We even told them that Busen, and ChoCho, never have a problem with other dogs, they are friendly to every dog they meet, they play happily with other dogs and it is only because their dog is aggressive towards him that he wants to retaliate. Of course this didnīt go down well, their dog is "the sweetest baby ever"..........says it all donīt you think?
We gave up and put the dogs inside. Did it stop their dog standing at the fence yapping? NO. However they were out most of the afternoon so we all had a lovely time, until they came back.

Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 10:53 PM

Re: Itīs been a lovely day...almost

Wow clumsy. Is that really your house?

Blow the dogs, when can I come? LOL.

Only kidding. Rotten neighbours can make life miserable.
I've got an ongoing problem with one of mine at the moment, he's such a selfish git.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 10:58 PM

It is our house Mups, youīll be welcome any time.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 07:15 AM

That looks like a lovely place to spend a summer afternoon, Clumsy! Shame about the neighbours.
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 07:22 AM

Clumsy, that looks beautiful, as others have said it is a shame about the neighbours.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 09:38 AM

Lovely home . My daughter had awful neighbours years ago, the husband even "accidently" ran over her cat and he died. I told her to imagine in her mind a 'for 'sale' sign in the neighbours garden , then imagine a sold sign , then imagine the neighbours actually moving out and nice new neighbours moving in. I told her to keep the thought.

Believe it or not , my daughter came home from work one day and the for sale sign was in neighbours garden. They moved out 8 weeks later and nice new neighbours moved in .

Good luck in your imagining x
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-06-2015, 10:04 AM

Thanks Susan. Funny thing, our neighbourīs house is for sale, they donīt realise everyone knows, there is no sale sign, but it is for sale on the internet. Unfortunately it is for sale at a very unrealistic price, a price they have no chance of selling at, but they are such a tight fisted couple I doubt they will drop the price. The kind of people they are, this will probably help you understand a little................A few years ago, before they had fallen out with everyone, they invited us, and the friends we had staying, to have Christmas dinner with them, we didnīt really want to go but didnīt want to seem unfriendly so we went. It was a disaster, they told us 5 p.m., at 4 p.m. he was hopping up and down in the garden complaining we werenīt there and Janet had been cooking all day. So, we ended up going round as we were, jeans etc, no time to get changed. As we were leaving later that night he asked us for 10 euros each for the dinner ! We were so gobsmacked we just paid up, so he made 40 euros out of us. We had taken wine, chocolates, whisky and brandy, as one does, but never in my life have I expected anyone to pay when I have invited them for dinner. This couple are unbelievable, they fall out with everyone, including their own daughter. The daughter, husband and two boys came to stay with them, they went out for dinner locally, everyone could hear them coming back, shouting, obviously falling out, the daughter and family moved out the same night to a hotel and have never been back since.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 01:59 PM

What a cheek asking for money, unbelievable! I've heard it all now!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

18-06-2015, 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
What a cheek asking for money, unbelievable! I've heard it all now!
You think you've heard it all, but no.......the neighbours at the other side of us are Norwegian, they are very wealthy indeed, they are lovely people. When they first moved here Janet and Graham were round to the like rockets, the Norwegians really couldn't shake them off, but they are nice people. Janet told them she would love to visit Norway and the Norwegians invited them to their place in Norway, that's when the BIG fall out occurred with them. There were many instances that upset the Norwegians but the final break came when they took Janet and Graham out for a meal to a very expensive restaurant. Gooner left a tip, Graham said it was too much, picked it up and put it in his own pocket !

It isn't that they are hard up either, they too are very well off but so mean it's untrue. He even tried to sell his old TV to the men who come raking through the bins, he asked him for 50 euros, you can imagine the answer His ancient old TV is still in the underbuild of their house, along with hundreds of bed linen sets from the shop they had in UK, he is far too mean to give them to charity. Almost 15 years they have been here and he won't give anything at all away, even though it's of no use to them.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2015, 03:14 PM

What a lovely place to live wall to wall sunshine plus a beautiful house.....shame neighbours spoil it, always have a big bone to keep that yapping dog quiet or a big bucket of water to clod over it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top