Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2010, 04:53 PM

Winter Olympics

Is anyone watching it? It's a shame about the time difference as I prefer to watch events live.

I'm not interested in all the events but like watching the Ice Skating, Curling, Bobsleigh and Ski Jumping. The actual downhill skiing seems to go on forever to me

I see they are short of snow over there ...... I bet they are envious of Washington at the moment!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2010, 10:24 PM

Re: Winter Olympics

They're welcome to ours, Mags! I love watching too, all the skiing events, especially the jumping, and the ice skating. The luge and bobsled doesn't interest me, nor the curling.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2010, 10:36 PM

Have been watching-I love all the events.........
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 05:00 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Is anyone watching it? It's a shame about the time difference as I prefer to watch events live.

I'm not interested in all the events but like watching the Ice Skating, Curling, Bobsleigh and Ski Jumping. The actual downhill skiing seems to go on forever to me

I see they are short of snow over there ...... I bet they are envious of Washington at the moment!

I too prefer to watch events live. Guess what? They are live for me because I live in Portland, Oregon just a few hundred miles from Vancouver, BC. I guess it's all a matter of perspective.

I've loved the Olympics since early childhood when ABC's Jim McCay of Wide World Of Sports broadcast the first televised coverage of the Olympics. I cry a lot because I get thrilled at the excellance of the competition & youth involved. Does that make me unmanly? If so, i will still cry.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 05:14 PM

It doesn't make you unmanly at all, Bob...... you are a true supporter of the athletes and like me, are amazed at their skill and talent.

You are so lucky living so close to the action and being able to watch it live
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-02-2010, 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It doesn't make you unmanly at all, Bob...... you are a true supporter of the athletes and like me, are amazed at their skill and talent.

You are so lucky living so close to the action and being able to watch it live
I've been close before. In 1970 I was in the United States Air Force stationed in Misawa, Japan. The Supporo Winter Olympics were held that year but we were not permitted to attend. Bummer!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

15-02-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
I've been close before. In 1970 I was in the United States Air Force stationed in Misawa, Japan. The Supporo Winter Olympics were held that year but we were not permitted to attend. Bummer!

That was unfortunate
Miranda53
Buckinghamshire, UK
Miranda53 is female  Miranda53 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-02-2010, 11:52 AM

I love the ice skating and downhill skiing. As previously said, it's disappointing that the time difference means we miss a lot of the stuff live. And as I'm at work during the day, all I can get is highlights on BBC in the evening and whatever is showing on Eurosport before I go to sleep!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK

20-02-2010, 04:29 PM

Woo hoo!

Congratulations to Amy Williams from Bath who has won Britain's first solo Winter Olympics gold medal for 30 years with a victory in the Women's Skeleton.

What a brilliant effort, full marks to any competitor in that event for wanting to speed down that icy track on their tum!

Robin Cousins was the last Brit to win a gold in Lake Placid in 1980.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-02-2010, 09:26 PM

Brilliant and well deserved..... Apparently the Canadians put in a complaint about her helmet being too large......whats all that about???? Sour Grapes maybe!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top