Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 09:02 AM

Life

I've always questioned life , even as a child I would feel there was so much more than just being born , living and then you die. I wondered and still wonder why . I also feel how can someone die and no longer exist , if so what has their life and living and being all been for. I have come to believe that our life is there to learn from and I feel that when we die we move into another life , in what way I don't know but feel there has to be more. I'm not a religious person and can see that it can be a comforting thing for some , I have a faith and belief but not a religion as such . Watching my grand daughter being born , and the miracle of birth has started me wondering about life again.

Do you wonder about things ?

I know we will never have the answers, but when I stand and look at the moon and stars and think of our ancestors who would have looked and wondered too, I ask myself what is it all about.

We have lived long life's and as older folk are fountains of knowlege, it would be great to hear your wisdom
Mia
Western Australia/australia
Mia is female  Mia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 09:08 AM

Re: Life

Loved reading your post susan m..will come back to it when I have something special to say
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 09:10 AM

It is good to wonder - keeps you young!

Not certain what happens when we die. I believe in God - but have difficulty with the heaven/hell/purgatory/limbo scenarios. I am fairly open minded and like to think that something lives on - not re-incarnation exactly - but something.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I've always questioned life , even as a child I would feel there was so much more than just being born , living and then you die. I wondered and still wonder why . I also feel how can someone die and no longer exist , if so what has their life and living and being all been for. I have come to believe that our life is there to learn from and I feel that when we die we move into another life , in what way I don't know but feel there has to be more. I'm not a religious person and can see that it can be a comforting thing for some , I have a faith and belief but not a religion as such . Watching my grand daughter being born , and the miracle of birth has started me wondering about life again.
I know we will never have the answers, but when I stand and look at the moon and stars and think of our ancestors who would have looked and wondered too, I ask myself what is it all about.
We have lived long life's and as older folk are fountains of knowlege, it would be great to hear your wisdom
I feel exactly the same way.

In terms of the individual it is hard to imagine that any one person could change anything in their lifetime that could affect our species but we all interact with others all the time.

That interaction will have an effect on other people, no matter how small or short-lived and it will stay with them for the rest of their lives in their memory.

We learn all the time, even from minor, every day things and that goes into memory too.

I believe that we are only just beginning to realise that we are evolving as a species and it's that is why many of us feel that there must be something more, and I am not a religious person either Susan.

I feel that there is something we are reaching for as a species and every single human being that has ever lived or will ever live will contribute something towards our evolution.

Many people argue against Darwin's theories, which I find a bit odd in some ways when the evidence is all around us but from what I read, there seems to be a move towards Creationism where creationists believe that the Universe and Life originate from divine creation and this includes taking a the Genesis creation theory as fact and the rejection of the scientific theory of evolution.

I do not actually believe that the earliest stories in human history actually describe the start of all civilisation on this planet as there are too many discrepancies, coincidences and contradictions for that to be strictly true.

The Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, are currently believed to date from 1500 BC or slightly earlier yet they are highly advanced and Hindus believe them to be "not of man, superman"

Other civilisations often referred to other intelligent species or advanced technology 15,000 or more years ago.

Look at the Antikythera Mechanism.

It has been dated as 205 BC but just looking at it or reading about it you feel that this isn't a one-off or a prototype, it was a working computer so research went into this over many years.
This clockwork technology did not resurface in the Western World until the 14th Century.

Anyway, I'm rabbiting on a bit - sorry! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 09:53 AM

Well it was as if I'd written your post Susan
Felt your thoughts so strongly as a child and growing up - still believe there is a life beyond this one - its not wishful thinking and I am not religious either - just a very strong feeling on it ...........
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 10:38 AM

Whatever else there may or may not be, I think the best plan, certainly the best plan for me, is to live as if this really is all there is and therefore make the absolute most of it

Problems arise when this corporal life is regarded as a proving ground, or a dress-rehearsal, or an irrelevance. Life then becomes very cheap, to some
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 10:57 AM

I'm sort of opposite, but the end result is much the same. I think life is a wonderful random accident with no meaning other than that which we choose to give it. I don't want or need any answers. I feel incredibly lucky that I am in a position to feel awe at the wonders of our amazing universe without feeling the need to ascribe any supernatural meanings to it or intentions behind it.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
I'm sort of opposite, but the end result is much the same. I think life is a wonderful random accident with no meaning other than that which we choose to give it. I don't want or need any answers. I feel incredibly lucky that I am in a position to feel awe at the wonders of our amazing universe without feeling the need to ascribe any supernatural meanings to it or intentions behind it.
Excellent post Mick, I totally agree with you.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 12:34 PM

Nowt wrong with curiosity - scientists thrive on it
As long as you live life to your potential and try to be happy that's what matters most
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2015, 01:10 PM

Life is a sexually transmitted terminal illness.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top