Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:23 PM

Bad forum day?

Ambling through threads today it feels a bit like a bad hair day or bad forum day. Poor customer service, fix the BBC, white goods causing fires, Rolf Harris, I've been robbed…

I think I need to go have a lie down...
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:26 PM

Re: Bad forum day?

I have a nap every afternoon! Helps me stay up after 8pm!
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:32 PM

It's often easier to grumble/be negative than to praise/be positive. It's a bit of a no-win situation for forums .... grumble grumble/fight fight or else be accused of being Polyanna and just talking knitting patterns and fluffy kittens

If it's just a Bad Forum Day then so be it stuff happens and there's always Real Life to ground us

Perhaps I should counterbalance? Despite it being a bit cool I've had a good day; the painter is pressing on with his task; Tesco came up trumps with the Click and Collect goodies which I ordered yesterday and which cost (sort of) zero using my Clubcard vouchers; I made today's meal on Saturday, so no chores to do; the Philae lander has woken up ... etc
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:35 PM

That's a very refreshing post, dinahsmum! Maybe I wont need that lie down after all...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 04:55 PM

After a rocky start with the tax call (see forum thread) it's actually been quite good today, Steven has been for a walk and isn't complaining of increased pain so his knee must be healing, Grace showed her wounds off at school and got a new boyfriend who is in awe of her not crying when she got the stitches, and all our orchids are flowering at the same time so surrounded with blooms from all 12 plants !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 05:12 PM

Well I thought it was a pretty normal day on 'ere
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Yeah !!!
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 05:31 PM

Good news ! Sheila made some sausage rolls and eccles cakes this morning...............yummy !
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

15-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I know. It was. I just had a laugh to myself when I was browsing threads and it was all good old British moans! More a reflection of the order of threads I browsed than anything else, I think.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

15-06-2015, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
After a rocky start with the tax call (see forum thread) it's actually been quite good today, Steven has been for a walk and isn't complaining of increased pain so his knee must be healing, Grace showed her wounds off at school and got a new boyfriend who is in awe of her not crying when she got the stitches, and all our orchids are flowering at the same time so surrounded with blooms from all 12 plants !
Sounds like a lovely day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top