Join for free
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 12:11 PM

Credit Card

I have a credit card, alright I don't use it very much we usually use my husbands. I used it to buy something, my husband paid it off with what he thought the amount was using online banking, we thought that was the end of it.

Then the phone calls started saying that they were going to charge us £12 for a late payment.

When he realised there was still 72p to pay he tried to pay it again online, it would not let him, so he tried again and he was told this amount had been paid don't try to pay it again. He thought he would wait for the next bill to come through to see if it had been paid, no it had not.

On Sunday there was a missed call on my phone so we decided to call them back. I went through all he usual questions they ask, he asked me what they could help me with that day, I said you rang me, he looked at my account and said oh we are chasing you for 72p when he stopped laughing and we explained how we had tried to pay it and it was rejected and that we did not want a £12 late payment fee he wiped the 72p off my card and also took the £12 fee off.

I don't think I will use it again.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 12:22 PM

Re: Credit Card

Sounds like he gave you good service in the end. I would hang on to it!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 12:25 PM

Shirley, credit cards are great if used properly, just set up a direct debit on a monthly to pay any that is outstanding.
That way you can't be late.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 12:29 PM

I am sure it was my fault, because I don't usually use it, but glad it is sorted now, I start to panic when they ring me up and I think they are trying to catch me out. So silly really.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-06-2015, 01:13 PM

I have two Credit Cards but only use the one because I use it for ASDA to get my petrol.

I do use it for other thing too now as it gives a bit more time and works out just right for my pay days.
I always pay in full too and I have never been tempted to spend more than I can pay-off in one payment.

The irritating thing about that card is the fact that going on their site to handle my account two years ago it refused to accept my password one day so I had to request a temporary one - which also failed.

My attempts at trying to sort it out were impossible because they refused point blank to converse by email - and I am deaf.

Now I keep my own records and pay them through my own bank rather than their site as, to date, they've not bothered to even reply to the snail-mail letters I sent.

Suit me as I still get my cash-back and everything I need! stevmk2
shirley
Gloucestershire

17-06-2015, 10:58 AM

The update on my credit card and the 72p outstanding on it. After this 72p was wiped off by a very helpful customer service person and the overdue £12 charge again was wiped off.

Yesterday received two phone calls from said card company to ask why this had not been paid. Rang them back when I got home from work.

The young man that answered started off by saying this call is being recorded for training purposes. I listened to him explaining why this 72p had gone back onto the account again and another £12 charge had been applied. I then said for training purposes when you say one week that something has been sorted and then you ring me up with the same problem the next week I think someone should be looking at this problem and not just recording the messages.

Apparently the reason why we could not pay this 72p was because they do not take anything under £1. I now know.

Oh and I will be receiving a letter in the post telling me about the £12 charges but just to ignore them.

I have made a note of all the dates and comments just in case.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by shirley ->
The update on my credit card and the 72p outstanding on it. After this 72p was wiped off by a very helpful customer service person and the overdue £12 charge again was wiped off.

Yesterday received two phone calls from said card company to ask why this had not been paid. Rang them back when I got home from work.

The young man that answered started off by saying this call is being recorded for training purposes. I listened to him explaining why this 72p had gone back onto the account again and another £12 charge had been applied. I then said for training purposes when you say one week that something has been sorted and then you ring me up with the same problem the next week I think someone should be looking at this problem and not just recording the messages.

Apparently the reason why we could not pay this 72p was because they do not take anything under £1. I now know.

Oh and I will be receiving a letter in the post telling me about the £12 charges but just to ignore them.

I have made a note of all the dates and comments just in case.
Gor blimey....you'd think then that they'd wipe out that sum under £1, wouldn't you? Or presumably you'd have to use the card again and make a full payment to include that shortfall.
shirley
Gloucestershire

17-06-2015, 12:04 PM

The young man I spoke to yesterday said that they would keep an eye on the account to make sure that no silly overdue amounts go an to it again. This has been going on for three months.

We live in hope
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-06-2015, 12:41 PM

I certainly hope that's an end to it! I've changed my mind since my previous post. Maybe you SHOULD get rid of the card...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top