Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
backseat dad
thame oxon
backseat dad is male  backseat dad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 11:30 AM

do you keep lists?

I have just over thirty items on my to do list, gradually i get round to doing things that have been on there for some time , trouble is, the list keeps getting longer!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 12:36 PM

Re: do you keep lists?

I have done lists
I also do a shopping list and then forget to take it with me
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 01:17 PM

I do keep a list of any work I have to do at the bench Ian but that's all. The wife is always making lists of what has to be done for herself, fortunately (for me) she doesn't trust me with anything to do with the garden or decorating in the house, although she lets me do a bit of outside painting now and then "You can go out there and slab it on the walls" she said to me recently, so out I went and slabbed away to me hearts content, you can't really go far wrong slabbing paint on walls can you? although I did toy with the idea of emptying the contents of the paint tin straight onto the wall as per Picasso style, just to see the result.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I do keep a list of any work I have to do at the bench Ian but that's all. The wife is always making lists of what has to be done for herself, fortunately (for me) she doesn't trust me with anything to do with the garden or decorating in the house, although she lets me do a bit of outside painting now and then "You can go out there and slab it on the walls" she said to me recently, so out I went and slabbed away to me hearts content, you can't really go far wrong slabbing paint on walls can you? although I did toy with the idea of emptying the contents of the paint tin straight onto the wall as per Picasso style, just to see the result.
I love the pair of ya - I do really
backseat dad
thame oxon
backseat dad is male  backseat dad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 01:25 PM

crumbs jem - that ain't my scene, i'm real possessive about paint jobs haha, really .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 01:33 PM

Yes I make lists and I am just about to start the 'holiday food lists' because I am doing all the meals for 6 of us and like to do menus before hand so I am sure I will have all I need to make some lovely meals
AlbertaS
Berkshire, UK
AlbertaS is female  AlbertaS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I have done lists
I also do a shopping list and then forget to take it with me
Ditto.
backseat dad
thame oxon

11-06-2015, 02:21 PM

don't think it especially matters if you forget a list because you have gone through the process and, as a result, you are likely to recall most of the contents

holiday grub sounds good - wish i was going, i am a hopeless cook myself
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 03:21 PM

I make lists, shopping lists, but I can't ever remember taking the list with me. I also make guest lists for various events, but always end up with more people than I have on the list. Quite frankly I don't know why I bother.
backseat dad
thame oxon

11-06-2015, 03:25 PM

..you bother with the list because it is the foundation of the organisation involved, lists aren't in tablets of stone, they are a basis which can be varied amended and added to. as my lists get messy with amendments and some crossings out i rewrite them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top