Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 05:14 PM

Bedtime.

As I’ve got older I don’t find it so easy to get to sleep.

Take last night for instance – I went to bed as usual about 1.00am – read for half an hour then put the light out – still not sleepy I switched on my Hudl and played Scrabble on Face Book. Still not sleepy so watched an episode of ‘Ever decreasing circles’ on You Tube. Finished off listening to my favourite Doo Wop music on You Tube before finally being ready to sleep. It was about 3.00am before I fell asleep and still woke up at 7.30.

I don’t know what I’d do without my bedtime book and my Hudl.

Does anybody else read/play games/watch TV/ listen to music in bed before they can sleep?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 05:22 PM

Re: Bedtime.

No couldn't do that Carol - just watch something 'light' before bed
Pain is the thing that will keep me awake till I finally catch up and by that time could sleep standing up
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 05:41 PM

I'm up at 5.45 each morning but still occasionally have trouble getting off to sleep even after reading for awhile. I never take my laptop in the bedroom - I'd be on it half the night!!
I read and the OH brings me a cuppa about 10pm, used to be Horlicks but has to be tea now since I have to be gluten free and then lights out and hopefully sleep...
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-06-2015, 06:35 PM

You should take a leaf out of my book Carol. I lie on my back for a couple of minutes, turn over on my RH side and I've gone. However, I do wake up early.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 12:14 AM

I usually take a cup of hot milk to bed and read for a while, that sends me pretty quick as a rule.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 10:08 AM

Muhammed Ali once said that he was so fast that he could switch off the light, get into bed and be asleep before the room got dark!

I rarely have trouble getting to sleep, but I find that I wake early, especially in summer when it gets light at 3 am. I had real trouble when I worked in N.Finland - land of the midnight sun.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 10:20 AM

Yes Carol, I do have the same 'problem'. The only difference, I've been like that all my life, not just in old age. When I was 15 I was made to go to bed at 8pm, couldn't get to sleep before 11pm.
Davenorave
Wales
Davenorave is male  Davenorave has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2015, 10:50 AM

I sit up until all hours of the morning watching repeats and other crap on the telly. Think I'm waiting to be bored into submission. I normally sleep for between 3 and 5 hours but will often have an hours nap mid afternoon.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top