Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 07:54 PM

Its just not fair.

I am one of those boring people who has little or no interest in sport, I do not like people trying to sell me something, yet I buy a newspaper almost half of it is taken up with adverts and sport, therefore a lot of the print I don't read, what a waste of money, I would dearly love to buy a newspaper that contained nothing but news, as its title suggests.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:03 PM

Re: Its just not fair.

Hi Bill, what did you reckon to the Juventus v Barcelona match the other night ?
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:05 PM

Hi Bill, why not save your money and just look at a local newspaper on-line or a national daily newspaper, there's many choices
Myra
Chatterbox
my wee toon
Myra is female  Myra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:07 PM

Yes Bill, look at an online newspaper. I have an app for The Mirror and it saves you buying one and wasting money. The ads are everywhere I'm afraid. By the way, I've three sons and two of them have no clue about football

p.s. but the first thing I do in the morning is go online to Sky News.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2015, 08:23 PM

Myra I too use the Mirror online but I don't get adverts anywhere, just install uBlock it will stop all the adverts
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
I am one of those boring people who has little or no interest in sport, I do not like people trying to sell me something, yet I buy a newspaper almost half of it is taken up with adverts and sport, therefore a lot of the print I don't read, what a waste of money, I would dearly love to buy a newspaper that contained nothing but news, as its title suggests.

Actually, I agree with you Bill.
A good third of my Sunday paper goes straight in the bin because its all sports pages.
It would be good to have a newspaper that was all news, (and the puzzle page), but a separate sports paper for the sports fanatics.
Why should we pay extra for these huge thick papers at weekends, but half of it is of no interest at all to some of us.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
We sound like kindred spirits Bill, but I pay for my paper online these days so those particular issues are less of a concern, (although they still write all that sport drivel they aren't actually wasting newsprint )
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 05:54 AM

OH wont even watch the news when the bulliten starts with a sports related story..

He says its not news its just games..
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 09:08 AM

I'd just give up buying the paper ones and look online Bill and, if necessary, subscribe to one of the dailies, after all, they are all trying to get away from printing on paper these days.

I tend to look around, avoiding the Daily Mail, Daily Express and so on who all seem to publish drivel inspired and so I look at the "impartial" BBC (), Al Jazeera, Aina, English-Language European and Russian Newspapers and Australian ones occasionally.
Very rarely do I read US Papers but that's purely because I am not interested in them. stevmk2
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-06-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Hi Bill, what did you reckon to the Juventus v Barcelona match the other night ?
sorry Alan i missed it, i painted the living room door and sat and watched it dry.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top